[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for top notch journalism. In-depth, well researched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
I'm looking for top notch journalism. In-depth, well researched and beautifully written articles and essays.

Where should I look /lit/? Content is less important than quality. If you have journal or magazine recs I'm into that.

To keep the thread alive post your favorite article/essay.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>8135177
All memery aside, DFW wrote some quite interesting essays that are worth a read IMO.
>>
>>8135177
Read Harpers and the New Yorker and related publications for that type of shit. Don't listen to pseuds who say Hunter S. Thompson because that dude was a meme author who apparently plagiarized his quotables (I just discovered this first hand). His writing is tedious and boring as fuck in his professional journalistic pieces. I would recommend Wallace Thurman from previous readings and of course any of the modern classics, like Arthur Miller, etc. But, I'm not extremely well read, though I've been through a share of classics and some obscure titles.

This is something I had to read as an undergraduate and it opens your mind up to a lot, including post-modern dialogue: http://innovate.ucsb.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Winner-Do-Artifacts-Have-Politics-1980.pdf
>>
>>8135177
>beautifully written

Beauty has nothing to do with "top notch" journalism.

inb4 you backtrack
>>
Robert Fisk - The Great War for Civilization, the conquest of the middle east.
>>
File: Je suis.jpg (44 KB, 380x570) Image search: [Google]
Je suis.jpg
44 KB, 380x570
Also
Doit-on le dire ? - Bainville
>>
>>8135267

You're right, I'll qualify.

I want very well researched and also very well written articles and essays, in which the writer clearly has a knack for the trade, and isn't JUST a reporter.
>>
>>8135259
>>8135180
>>8135277
>>8136209

Thanks for the recs, friendos.
>>
In March 2012 the faculty at the Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute at New York University, together with an Honorary Committee of alumni, selected “the 100 Outstanding Journalists in the United States in the Last 100 Years.” The list was selected from more than 300 nominees plus write-ins and was announced at a reception in honor of the 100th anniversary of journalism education at NYU on April 3, 2012.

http://journalism.nyu.edu/about-us/news/the-100-outstanding-journalists-in-the-united-states-in-the-last-100-years/
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.