[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I've been reading the more obscure/not popular authors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1465012551660.png (735 KB, 298x1200) Image search: [Google]
1465012551660.png
735 KB, 298x1200
so I've been reading the more obscure/not popular authors you guys like to talk about. I've noticed that most of their books are well written but just don't amount to much. it's made me think that these authors aren't more popular simply because they aren't very good. if their books were better they would be in a different place. instead of being so rarely read. I honestly need to stop reading these guys because I'm disappointed every time. the books in question are.

john hawkes - The lime twig
william h gass - omensetters luck
william gaddis - the recognitions
joseph McElroy - cannonball
Robert coover - a public burning

what do you guys think of the less read authors? I'm probably just a pleb.
>>
>>8132569

The only one I've read of there is The Recognitions, but you're wrong in saying it doesn't amount to much. It wears its themes on its sleeve very clearly and is a very entertaining book, very funny and tragic.
>>
>>8132569
It's because of feminism. They are pushing YA and genre fiction to breed out whiteness
>>
>>8132580
I knew I would catch hate for adding that one in the list. honestly out of them all that was my favorite
>>
>>8132569
What does "amounting to much" even mean for you? I think the problem is with you, not the books.
>>
>>8132569
The authors you mention are more "writer's writers". Their books are not meant for public consumption.
>>
>>8132581

Imagine being so triggered by /pol/ and /r9k/ you start to shitpost on lit/ daily.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.