[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Justice and mercy are incompatible.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Justice and mercy are incompatible.
>>
peanut butter and jelly with a cold glass of milk are a good combination
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBOgtp0Hac
>>
>>8132107
marmite and toast are very compatible
>>
>>8132121
hmm
>>
>>8132121
wow
really makes you think...
>>
>>8132107
Compatible is incompatible with compatibility of the incompatible.
>>
>>8132121
wow that made me think almost as much as this existential classic

https://youtu.be/SMWi7CLoZ2Q
>>
Happiness is political greatness (freedom and empire), which is incompatible with justice. Thus, happiness is incompatible with justice.
>>
>>8132172
Happiness is a subjective thing, and changes from person to person in a society, while justice should (and is in an ideal society) the same for everyone, thus objective. Unless the ideal for happiness is is limited by the rules set by justice, both are compatible.
Given that justice is a moral construct to maintain order and structure in a society an individual's ideal for happiness that is limited by the rules of justice needs to be sacrificed in order for the society as a whole to survive.
Altough this is a given in society, you could argue that a person's ideal happiness can never be imagined to be interfering with societys rules because the individual has only lived in this society, and the I dividual could never have a chance to explore happiness set outside the boundaries of societies justice, maiming his freedom and thus happiness. But luckily most humans aren't that unimaginative.
>>
>>8132172
>Happiness is political greatness
Lmao what
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.