[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hhgttg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/4mqard/just_read_books_14_of_the_hitchhikers_guide_to/

Did Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy leave you unable to continue with life due to its brilliance?

Is it the best book series ever written by man?

Were you moved to tears by jokes about towels?
>>
>>8131940
it was the first book I enjoyed reading that felt like it was mine bc my parents thought it was dumb and my friends didn't read it/talk about it with me bc their parents let them play violent video games
>>
>>8131940
the breeze is nice when it's this high up isn't it?
>>
>>8131940
you have to remember that it was written in the late 70s. the radio series on which it was based was pretty radical at the time. truthfully some of the jokes haven't dated particularly well but i will always be a fan of the first three books in the series.

but that reddit post...

>In fact I haven't been able to put it down since I started the first book a week or two ago
wtf? it's not exactly a lengthy or difficult to read series

>the beauty of the fourth book
everyone i've known who has read them considers the fourth book to be the worst of the series

this is surely a troll isn't it?
>>
Why do you feel the need to make a thread about it every fucking day tho? Yeah fine, you liked it, who gives a shit.
>>
>>8132047
>everyone i've known who has read them considers the fourth book to be the worst of the series

I actually quite enjoyed the fourth as it was a change of pace from the first three which were all pretty much the same book.

I thought 5 was awful though. All the characters seem moody and he just kills everyone off!

I have to wonder what the point was. Book four had a pretty happy ending and he revived the series just to undo it and kill everyone.
>>
>>8131940
I didn't feel particular things about it
>>
>>8132060
>I have to wonder what the point was
He would hide from his publisher by having longer and longer baths and then write nearly all the material at the last minute.

Not a joke btw.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.