[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm fucked anon. I have few hours left to hand in my diploma.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
I'm fucked anon.
I have few hours left to hand in my diploma.
I have to translate a book fragment.
45% in
Dead End
I don't know what the fuck is going on in this scene. Literally can't read. There was no flat screens in 86' what did he mean?
>Arnold flipped a toggle. The air in the yard seemed to catch and hold, forming a flat screen, then a box that enclosed the grassy area. It rolled a bit, as if the vertical hold were out of synch, but Arnold adjusted it until it held steady.
>>
File: tbh.png (3 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tbh.png
3 KB, 300x300
>>8131884
Just let it go friend, you'll live
>>
It's not a flatscreen it's a screen that is flat.
>>
Sounds like he's operating a device that changes the shape of the air. Like the atmosphere collapses into a flat plane, then expands into a box.
>>
>>8131920
that's what I thought too. but then again
>it rolled a bit as if the vertical hold were out of synch
there just these things that are too sci-fi to the point where I can't even imagine what is going on
>>
>>8131887
That's like second time I fucked up. I need this one
>>
>>8131898
which screen is it? is it windscreen, or is it screen as in strainer or maybe it's a smoke screen?
>>
>>8131968
It's an air screen.
>>
>>8131968
screen can be used for any flat plane, usually see-through or something you project an image on
>>
>>8131952
It's a television screen.
>it rolled a bit as if the vertical hold were out of synch
You used to have to do that on old televisions. The picture would slide up/downwards and wrap around to the top/bottom if vertical hold wasn't adjusted properly. Imagine looking at a strip of film that is traveling up/downwards.
>>
File: exv.png (87 KB, 296x450) Image search: [Google]
exv.png
87 KB, 296x450
what is a hologram?
>>
Since we're on the topic. Did anyone read this book? Chapter 2 hits hard, I've been laughing the whole time
>>
>>8131991
It's not a TV screen. It's just being compared to a TV screen.
>>
>>8132020
He's enclosing his yard in a box of solid air?
>>
>>8132028
Air is probably used to mean something in the air, like a projection. It's probably a hologram.
>>
>>8132033
My bad, didn't provide context. The dude put a prototype shield on the back yard to shield partygoers from rocket exhaust and fire. Here he turns it on and it covers backyard
>>
Imagine a generic honeycomb shield from anything. My problem is that it's described very wierd
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.