[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instead of buzzwords and memes, please could people articulate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 11
File: cormac_mccarthy.jpg (35 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
cormac_mccarthy.jpg
35 KB, 512x512
Instead of buzzwords and memes, please could people articulate clearly exactly why they enjoy or dislike/hate Cormac McCarthy's works?

Repeating "Tortilla YeCarthy is a hack" doesn't quite get your point across, my main man.
>>
Tortilla YeCarthy is a hack
>>
>>
>>
>>8131734
hi tao?
>>
Writes in a way that makes this weird metaphysical connection between man, the earth, and the ubiquity of evil. Paints the world as a place of supreme disorder, but does so in a way that places man at the poetic epicenter of the chaos in that he is capable of aestheticizing the evil
>>
>>8132085
This. I haven't ever articulated it, but this is precisely what I feel when reading some of his works. And for him to bring something as abstract as that and have it interweaved into, say, the low, monotonous, incredibly materialist world of Suttree in a cohesive fashion is attractive to me in more ways than one.
>>
>>8132085
nicely put, anon.
>>
>>8131734
Why do people say tortilla yecarthy? I've read Outer Dark, Child of God, The Road and Blood Meridian and it's only Blood Meridian where he even brings up tortillas.
>>
>>8132097
is suttree better than the road in your opinoins>>8132085
>>
>>8132114
The Border Trilogy and NCFOM are also set in the American Southwest / Mexico.
>>
>>8131734

His prose is lifted from Faulkner and Melville.

His novels are boring.

It's more the second one, though. Banal ideas, unoriginal prose, wooden dialogue, it can all be excused if the author in question can write a good story. McCarthy cannot.
>>
>>8132120
suttree has the hard edged prose of blood meridian. it's one of his best, if not the best McCarthy book.
>>
he's a corncobber senpai.

>>8132085
do you just not read a lot? this is such a trite and cliche thing but you seem to think it's some novel amazing writing
>>
>>8132146
his prose is definitely inspired by a degree of "southern gothic" but it's definitely not "lifted." you need to take a step back and consider who inspired Faulkner and Melville.

and no...McCarthy's stories are never plot-driven...being instead character-driven...as what you'd normally find in superior literary fiction, you philistine.
>>
>>8132179
>superior literary fiction
>you philistine

/reddit/ is the other way, m'fedora -tips-
>>
>>8131734
Because all he does is write overwrought descriptions of the scenery inbetween disingenuously folksy dialogue and character interactions where people just spit or say ye before maybe killing someone 200 pages later. He desperately tries to make his writing look important by making it vaguely "biblical" instead of actually saying or doing anything with it. It's a scam and plenty of people who should've known better have fallen for it.

So that's why Corncob Tortillas YeCarthy is a hack.
>>
>>8132157
What is a corncobber, anon? Please specify, I don't understand how "corncobber" is pejorative.
>>
>>8132196
parochial fiction limited to a very narrow region that fails to say anything universal or insightful or otherwise interesting for people who don't live the experience. it's hick "literature" that is patronized by the "elites" to show how cultured and worldly they are.
>>
>>8132179

>character driven

Okay, hit me with McCarthy's best character. Explain to me how mature and open-hearted McCarthy's understanding of other people is.
>>
>>8132213
>Explain to me how mature and open-hearted McCarthy's understanding of other people is
He's not a fucking advice columnist.
>>
>>8132157
I read quite a bit, actually. I tried to describe as best I could why I like his writing, maybe it wasn't a well written explanation but I am a big fan of his. I don't understand the 'corncobber' thing either
>>
>>8132192
You seem dumb. I will not take your opinion seriously
>>
>>8132211
I think you fail to grasp McCarthy's writings, or you have not read them. You may have gotten 50 pages into Blood Meridian and quit or something.
>>
>>8132266
ah yes, the old "you just didn't get it" defense.
>>
>>8132213
how about you name a character you have a problem with and i'll tell you how you're an idiot.

ready? go.
>>
>>8132179
I am reading The Road right now and I can't see how it could be called character driven. The man barely has any depth or thoughts and the kid is just a normal kid.
I think what makes the book pretty good is the flow of narration and the descriptions. It's also short, so you can tell the narrator didn't really mean it to be anything more than that.
>>
>>8132213
different anon, but Billy Parham from the Crossing. A teen caught up in the vicissitudes of harsh reality when he is forced to bring a Wolf back to the mountains of mexico. The Wolf is captured by the military police of a mexican village and forced into dogfights until it is killed in front of him. Defeated, he returns home to a ransacked house with his parents slaughtered and only his younger brother still alive. They now aimlessly travel between the American/Mexican border in search of some vague sense of purpose or belonging, experiencing mostly hostility peppered with small pockets of relief and beauty.

If you can't see how that perfectly encapsulates the human experience of being subject to the larger tectonic shifts of fate and circumstance, I can't help you.
>>
>>8132283
see this is the problem. People read like half of one of McCarthy's books and feel entitled to pass judgement on him as an author despite many of his works being entirely distinct from one another in their approach
>>
>>8132283
the road is his worst book

which is saying something considering how shitty the rest of his stuff is

suttree is passable. his best by far.
>>
>>8132283
the road is not typical of McCarthy. I liked it despite being divisive amongst fans.

no...there is a lot of stuff going on. a lot of it is cryptic for sure. the way his wife's suicide is told as one example. the last paragraph as another.

for character driven McCarthy try, "blood meridian" or "suttree" which are his best and represent what he is most known for...

but border trilogy is probably my favorite to read/reread.
>>
Tortilla "Corncobs, landscape description, no grammar" YeCarthy is a hack and a charlatan

Trump 2016
>>
So is this just another thread of one autistic loser spamming corncob? 32 replies, 14 unique posters
>>
>>8132289

I don't see how any of that makes Billy a good character. Bad stuff happens to him, good stuff happens to him, he is at odds with society and the people around him... typical literary stuff.

I find Edith Stoner to be a good example of a complex, sympathetic character. She's an interesting look at unconscious early life traumatic programming wrestling with the person she wants to be. What does an abused girl think of men when she grows up? About her husband? About a relationship between her daughter and husband? Did she truly love William? Did she truly love Grace? Did this abuse influence her opinion of her husband's affair?

Encouraging greater discussion about ourselves, each other and the things a person can go through in a life is what makes a character good. What questions do Billy (or any of McCarthy's characters) ask of us?
>>
I've only read The Road and I hated it because of the short and choppy sentences.
>>
>>8132332
>hurrrr it must b 1 guy
Eat shit, tortillafucker.
>>
someone link to my bloodmeme video review
>>
>>8132446
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEVX42Pg1xw

Do the meme trilogy or Women And Meme (if you can steal a copy) next.
>>
>>8132439
>>8132446
>>8132507
Ugh not again. Don't you have some Ritalin to take?
>>
>>8132511
lmao
>>
>>8132511
retard
>>
>>8132511
meme should be wordfiltered to something Japanese. mono 物 (thing) or densetsu 伝説 (legend) maybe.
>>
>>8132552
or "meme" should be filtered completely so no posts can be made if it contains the word

we'd cut down on shitposting cancer by 50%
>>
>>8132590
I'm all for that!
>>
>>8132552
>>8132590
>>8132593
You retards do realize that people would just space it out into m e m e or some such shit, right?
>>
>>8132602
Twitterspeak has declined significantly since the latest wordfilters came in
>>
>>8132602
filter that too

basically just delete anybody from existence that promotes ironic meme culture, it's just as bad as third-wave feminism
>>
>>8132613
Yep. I didn't think it'd work to the degree it did.
>>
>>8132507
I like this video because corncobbers get so upset by it. they start attacking the way he looks and other shit. lmao pseuds = BTFO
>>
>>8132615
>ironic meme culture
>third-wave feminism
You sound like a literal meme yourself though. You'd be deleted too.
>>
>>8132369
Are you a woman?
>>
Corncob "Tortillas" Yecarthy only knows how to write dusty yarns about spitting and murder. A favorite among inner city nu-male pseuds who want to feel like they're diversifying their intellect.
>>
C O R N C O B T O R T I L L A S
O O
R R
N N
C C
O O
B B

T
O
R
T
I
L
L
A
S
>>
>>8133460
I liked the Nabokov version more.

>Tortillas Yecarthy, Corncob. A puffed-up peddler of yarns about spitting and murder. A total charlatan.

Or something.
>>
>>8132809
>>8133460
>>8133984
>>8133984
Are you seriously that pathetically lonely that you need to bump a dead thread with your memes to squeeze out a few (You)'s for attention?
>>
>>8134145
You've become quite a meme yourself, Mr. Gets triggered by corncob memes
>>
>>8132281
>ah yes, the old "you just didn't get it" defense

My friend, Blood Meridian, All the Pretty Horses, No Country for Old Men--they all explicitly ruminate on universals, to the point where it's something McCarthy is actually criticized for. The only book by him that could be called regional is maybe Suttree. It's plainly obvious you haven't read him.
>>
>>8134145
lol what a faggot
>>
>>8131734

I hate mexicans.

Also, he's a fucking bore.
>>
>58 replies
>29 posters
Not even Gassposter is this bad.
>>
>>8134706
Seriously. Can the YePoster please stop?
>>
>>8134281
ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shillelagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.
>>
File: 1461789401611.png (198 KB, 294x300) Image search: [Google]
1461789401611.png
198 KB, 294x300
>>8134946
i was waiting for it
>>
Charlie McCarthy is the finest literary artist of our time.

To rebut the and and and and + muh thesaurus...

One must realize Charlie operates out of immersion, very much so, like his father Faulkner, so the declarative style works to an end: to create a cinematic stream. From within this framework, he, like his grandfather Melville, knows truth is only possible in lightning flashes. It isn't about "original ideas", it is about guiding the reader into a place, supressing the ego with this cinematic stream, that allows for the reader to be a genuine receipient of the poetic and philosophical. He places you in a prayerful state. Much of his quick hits of philosophy are indeed somewhat truisms, and his poetry sometimes over the top, but that is not the point, the point is the power they carry within this aesthetic framework. For the thesaurus claims, in the modern world, to reconcile man and nature one must rename the holy. The green grass does not do.
>>
>>8131734
Pa. Why are eggs breakfast?

What.

You can put bacon on lunch.

Ye.

But if you put eggs on stuff it becomes breakfast?

The man spat and said the eggs are not for this world or from this world they come from the chicken but the chicken knows it not.

He wiped his chin and spat.
>>
>>8132369
a 12 year old can understand stoner, you misunderstood The Crossing completely

maybe some day you will be able to read
>>
File: sumbich.jpg (23 KB, 234x300) Image search: [Google]
sumbich.jpg
23 KB, 234x300
>>8135032
Looks like somebody wiped your tortilla the wrong way.
>>
>>8132146
I hate how everyone makes this Melville connection. I've only read Moby-Dick so I might not have read the right books but McCarthy's prose is nothing like Melville's.

I actually like McCarthy, and will admit he is dry. Melville is completely hilarious about half the time.
>>
>>8132157
>but you seem to think it's some novel amazing writing

He articulated a possible method to McCarthy's work and reason why he enjoys it. There is no reason to infer from this that he thinks "it's some novel amazing writing", except that you are a histrionic cunt who is so insecure and intellectually impoverished that you bulwarks your stupidity with brainless sentiments like "this is trite and cliche", and then lash out at whatever target for which you've been provided a platitude like "he's a corncobber".

You're a smelly neckbeard meme fag
>>
>>8133343
I'm willing to sacrifice myself for the greater good.
>>
>>8132507
As a Cormac McCarthy fan, this review is pretty funny. I love Blood Meridian but he's quite a funny guy.
>>
>>8135011
>>8134946
>>8133984
People call McCarthy fans pseuds and memes but it's more often than not the anti-McCarthy types that spout the memes and shitposting.

Not even mad, just disappointed and wondering why these people need to rely on pastas rather than forming their own opinions on the writer after reading his work.
>>
>>8135992
nah it's pretty cringe desu
>>
>>8135936
t. pseud
>>
>>8134706
>>8134943
samefag
>>
>>8136006
>Not even mad

That's bullshit considering how you maje sure to throw a fit every single thread, you corncobbing pseud.
>>
>>8132289
lmao that description is 100% story.

i'm a proud corncobber but you're a silly duffer.
>>
>>8136314
as the creator of that video, I'd like to say it was meant to be that way. it was /lit in video form. which is very scary. I used our buzzwords like

subvocalize
pleb
meme
meme'd
corncob
corncobber
tortillas
tortilla'd
tortilla
ye
YeCarthy
genre trash
spit
spat
reading for plot
visualization

and many more. lol we are that embarrassing. but seriously though that book fucking sucks fuck you guys for tricking me into reading it.
>>
>>8136408
You shouldn't really generalise all Cormac McCarthy fans as just one person. I don't know what other posts you're referring to but they were not me.
>>
>>8136455
I thought you said you wouldnt blame four chan for your own reading of it. it's not anybody's fault other than your own if you didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>8136485
I was lying.
don't forget to subscribe.
>>
>>8136524
also my t-shirts will be done by the end of the month. so check out my channels shop and make sure to grab one.
>>
>>8136529
If you're bent on really being a memester you should review shit like Tai Pei then that 99cent ebook about Tao Lin on a Tricycle for contrast. If you really committed to this that way then I might actually buy your shit.
>>
>>8136550
I'm really not committed
>>
>>8135032

McCarthy fans are always so bad at literature discussion.
>>
>>8136577
Too bad then.
>>
>>8136577
committed enough to print tshirts no one will buy
>>
>>8136605
they're gonna be sick bro. they say "get /lit faggot"

get /lit on the front
faggot on the back

I'll send you one
>>
>>8136408

>someone articulates an actual opinion on why they like McCarthy
>you respond with memes and copypasta
>call them pseuds for trying to actually discuss literature

>you dismiss his works as parochial
>call other people elitists

I mean it's fine and all I guess as long as you know you're the one dragging the tone of the discussion down.
>>
>>8132213

I mean I think it's fairly obvious that you're not interested in changing your mind, but if any part of you is open to an actual answer to this question then here you go: Suttree is a wholly character driven novel centring on a man who has dropped out of his privileged life and abandoned his family, driven by a craving for personal autonomy and authenticity. He has opted out of comfort and security and run away from his responsibilities in favour of a shiftless and precarious existence in the margins of society. There's a conflict at his core between his compassion and simple humanity, and his refusal to be tied down in a responsible social position where he feels like those qualities of compassion and humanity are stifled and abused.
>>
>>8136667
There were actual non-memetic opinions on why he sucks too. They were also dismissed by corncobbers like you. Memes are all you tortillafuckers deserve.
>>
>>8136455
>we

I'm not your friend
>>
>It's a "Guy who posts shitty youtube video confirmed for mentally ill" episode
>>
>>8136737
lol dude your vocabulary is like 9 words, half of them variations of meme and tortilla. Is this what living on 4chan does to a person?
>>
Why is Cormac McCarthy such a contentious subject? You'd think we were on /v/ from the level of venom in this thread.
>>
>>8136935
mccarthy is the new dfw. pretentious pseudointellectual entry level drivel that plebs try to pat themselves on the back for appreciating and they sperg the fuck out when people arent worshipping corncobs.
>>
>>8136956
Ah, memes. They are the food of the wise man but the liquor of the fool
>>
>>8136956
>>8137011
I don't understand. I just want to know why people get so worked up over stuff like this. I mean, go read a book. Wouldn't that be a better use of your time?
>>
>>8136893
lol
>>
>>8137030
You better start believing in meme stories, my friend. You're in one!
>>
>>8136667
>Yecarthy
>literature

Lmao
>>
>>8136737

The only thing that has come close to an actual attempt to engage with discussion has been the criticism that McCarthy's books feel parochial. I accept that you might feel that way but I disagree and I think less of you for thinking so, the same way I would think less of someone for saying that Melville was parochial because he talks about seafaring or that Austen was parochial because she talks about middle class English people.
>>
>>8135831
>dry
>McCarthy
Even people who read him and hate him don't think this, you dumbass. He's overly criticized for his prose being trying. You don't know what dry means, or haven't read McCarthy.
>>
>>8137171
A desert is absolutely full of sand and cacti and all kinds of shrubbery. It's still dry as shit.
>>
Cornymac McCobber lmao
>>
>>8137171
snooty motherfucker. I bet you know what that means. check a mirror, pal. LOL
>>
Scabby cock.
Roget's thesaurus.

"Ye"
>>
>>8137574
>>8137626
>>8137714
>>8137807
yeesh this is getting sad famalam
>>
File: 1465247811182.jpg (37 KB, 648x486) Image search: [Google]
1465247811182.jpg
37 KB, 648x486
>>8135018
>>
I read the first page of The Road, flipped to the rest of the book to see if it was written all the same way, then I threw it in the trash.

It's more of a kiddie tale than a piece of literature tbqhwyfamilia.
>>
>>8137839
just how much mental gymnastics do you have to do in order to enjoy corncob chronicles?
>>
>>8135018
kek
>>
the little jon of literature

"ye"
>>
This is the saddest thread I have ever seen. This is the /lit/ equivalent of Donald Trump. Look what this board has become.

Rest in peace, /lit/.

I'm out.
>>
>>8138102
Don't let the door hit ya' where Faulkner raped that girl with a corncob in 'Sanctuary'.
>>
>>8138102
way to include a needless hot political insert you baiting faggot
>>
>>8138114
who in their sound mind names their girl daughter 'temple drake'

were they fantasy nerds or something
>>
This will be where you learn to not care what the loudest people in the room think
>>
>>8137926

Well I guess you're at least correct that it takes marginally more mental exertion than to co-opt and mindlessly parrot a pronouncement that, even among Nabokov's large number of tonedeaf and arrogant pronouncements, stands out as one of the most egregious.
>>
>>76525596
That is some hugbox reddit bullshit my lad
>>
>>8137626
You haven't got much to live for, have you?
>>
When did /lit/ become so cancerous and full of ironic shitposting? I preferred it when this board was a lot slower.
>>
File: 1448870590248.png (332 KB, 1000x3500) Image search: [Google]
1448870590248.png
332 KB, 1000x3500
>>8137030

Because 4chan's M.O. has always been and will always be schadenfreude. And the easiest way to get that is to abuse your anonymity and troll.

McCarthy gets brought up because - like DFW - he is read often enough and has a unique enough style to be talked about. People get heated when they're told "stop liking what I don't like," react in kind, up the butthurt by trolling (shitposts and sincerityposts), and watch as the author gets referenced enough to become meme.

/lit/ is not omitted from this.
>>
>>8140257
What is it with you corncobbers and your projecting?
>>
>>8140350
they lead miserable lives and their only solace the the hope that others are as miserable as they are
>>
I always enjoyed his unwilling to shy away from the grotesque behaviours of characters living on the fringe. Not necessarily just his ability to write violence, but also the discomfort the reader will feel while encountering these characters (e.g. Lester Ballard in Child Of God as a confrontational, desensitised necrophiliac who literally squats in a shack on the edge of a small town or The Judge in Blood Meridian, someone who throughout the book you can tell something is wayward about him without quite being able to place your finger on it until later on).

I also quite enjoy the gentle moments of beauty within Cormac's prose. Most of his books read fairly simply and easily (imo they can be casual reads a lot of the time), but sometimes a gentle passage will encapsulate the atmosphere beautifully within the chapter.

Here are a few favourite quotes of mine:

> He wondered where the blind man was going and did he know how the road ended. Someone should tell a blind man before setting him out that way. (Outer Dark)

> Were there darker provinces of night he would have found them. (Child of God)

> The jagged mountains were pure blue in the dawn and everywhere birds twittered and the sun when it rose caught the moon in the west so that they lay opposed to each other across the earth, the sun white hot and the moon a pale replica, as if they were the ends of a common bore beyond whose terminals burned worlds past all reckoning. (Blood Meridian)

I think Cormac effectively utilises poetic language while also keeping it fairly accessible. I guess there is a lot of spitting in his writing too (and blood Meridian does have its fair share of tortillas) so I understand where the memes are coming from, but if that was all you could gain from McCarthy's works then I'd be surprised honestly. To each their own, I guess.
>>
>>8135936
Btfo
>>
>>8141108
>nobody praises his ebin reddit speech about how right he thinks he is
>unironically tries to samefag his own recognition

You meme reading corncob lovers are fucking sad, seriously.
>>
Screencapping this for future cringe threads
>>
he writes about grizzly men doing grisly things

love that shit
>>
corncubber mccuck
>>
>>8141270
on /b/ or reddit?
>>
>>8141448
I'm going to tattoo it on your mom's ass
>>
>>8141464
This is /lit/ you faggot, I can do that myself.
>>
>>8141469
nice
>>
>>8136578
and you lack the ability for complex thought
>>
>>8141563
>this is how corncobbers try to make their points
>>
File: 01620011.jpg (567 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
01620011.jpg
567 KB, 820x820
Let's stop this. Post bondage things now.
>>
>>8141581

I can't believe that actually worked.
>>
>>8141297
I'm with you. I actually like books for what they are, and not trash everything that's not culturally elite.
>>
>>8141563
says the idiot who pretends to like meme books for lit cred
>>
Will you do an interview for the Oprah Winfrey show?

"Ye."

oops I forgot - no punctuation!
>>
>>8137626
> *spits*

Ye.
>>
File: dumbledore.jpg (2 MB, 2378x3268) Image search: [Google]
dumbledore.jpg
2 MB, 2378x3268
is picrelated also you, yeposter?
>>
>>8141748
>trying this hard
>>
Suttree is a shit novel very third-rate.
>>
>>8141758
Agreed.
>>
File: REEEE.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
REEEE.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>8141758
LEAVE
>>
>>8141757
I would say spending 3 days straight on a thread posting 'ye' to show everyone how much of a stubborn autist you are is trying pretty hard senpai
>>
>>8141800
>muh lone yeposter boogeyman

you are just as pathetic
>>
>>8141810

> 150 / 7 / 63 / 1

The numbers don't lie, genius
>>
>>8141825
you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>8141825
You realize that the 63 represents the unique posters, right newfag?
>>
>>8141836
yes, and 150 posts. Somebody's samefagging a ton, and I assume it's the retard who uses the same 4 meme words in every other post
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (58 KB, 273x448) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
58 KB, 273x448
>>8141845
>being this fucking new
>>
>>8141748
>>8141800
>he actually believes there's only one yeposter
Stay tortyeyaed corncobber.
>>
>>8141845
are you by chance retarded?
>>
>>8141849
>>8141850
you don't have to be so mad that nobody likes you. You can just change
>>
>>8141866
all the projecting
>>
>>8141898
not at all, just trying to help :)
>>
File: oprahcormac.jpg (53 KB, 512x389) Image search: [Google]
oprahcormac.jpg
53 KB, 512x389
Have you guys seen the Oprah interview? Basically the only interview he did.
>>
>>8131734
Tortilla YeCarthy is based
>>
>>8141922
further proof yecarthy is housewife tier genre trash.
>>
>>8141938
XDDDD

CORNCOBBED

EPIC TORTILLAS TROLL STRIKES AGAIN
>>
>>8141951
why does this anon keep getting triggered so badly?
>>
>>8141922
he also did this one with Werner Herzog and Lawrence Krauss. don't really care about Krauss but herzog and McCarthy talking to one another is incredible. Werner is a huge fan and spergs out over a passage in All the Pretty Horses
>>
>>8141956
woops forgot link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glW7G1SgRCY
>>
>>8141951
> tfw you read the chapter subtitle is "Tree of Dead Babies"

cool, yecarthy, that's some deep shit

its about like evil and violence but also like...poetry
>>
>>8141951
just ignore him dude. He thinks people getting mad at him means he has friends. If nobody responds he'll get sad and leave
>>
>>8141956
I've listened to it multiple times, it's really funny to hear Herzog blow his load over McCarthy, who is obviously uncomfortable about being the subject of conversation.
The first thing he does after they circle-jerk over him is change the subject to something else
>>
>>8141997
You realize that getting all flustered and passive aggressive yourself is feeding them too, right?

You're like a child trying to get the last word in an argument that isn't even targeted at him.
>>
>>8142013
It's quite clear that you are 'them' considering how buttmad you are. But here I am not listening to my own advice. Take care of yourself friend, and wear a helmet when you go outside :^)
>>
>>8142079
>so devastated that you project your boogeyman mentality on everyone who thinks you're an idiot

A literal fucking child. Memes ruin lives, people.
>>
>>8140510
i also certainly love those gentle moments of beauty you can find in cormac's prose. good post, anon.
>>
>>8141956
>>8141963
Thank you for sharing this, I was unaware of this interview with Werner Herzog. This is fascinating.
>>
>>8142266
bingo
>>
>>8141983
Not the anon you're responding to, but nobody is claiming every element of McCarthy is poetic. A tree of dead babies is literally what it sounds like. Sometimes literature should just be blunt imo.
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 800x800
>>8135018
>>
>>8143732
No, you dumb Tortilla fanboy.

YeCarthy's depiction of violence in Blood Meridian is that evil can't be controlled by humans only poeticized.
>>
>>8135018

quality post 8/10
>>
>>8143926
>>8144004
>>8144935
please. leave.
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.