[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Polyreading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: inbedwithbooks.jpg (70 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
inbedwithbooks.jpg
70 KB, 500x379
How many books do you read at the same time?
I'm cycling through 7 fiction, 2 short story collections and 2 non fiction books right now.
>>
generally just 1 fiction and 1 non-fiction, otherwise i won't finish any of them
>>
read one page of each book in my library in turn.
>>
too many at the same time

>shlock

Warrior:Riposte
The Stand
The Light Fantastic (not really shlock but you get the idea)
Elric:stealer of souls
Masters of Doom

>not shlock
Storm of steel
Lolita
Heart of Darkness
Claudius the God and his wife Messalina
Blood Meridian
>>
>>8131617
Kind of depends, I try to limit it just to two fiction and one non-fiction but then the line between a book I'm intending to finish and dropped becomes blurred
>>
>read fragment of book
>jump to another book, read a fragment
>NEXT BOOK, read a fragment

Schizophrenic and retarded. It's like flipping back and forth from different channels. This is horrendously plebian.

>not letting one book sink its claws into you
>take hold of impressions during daily life
>continue the book
>repeat until you finish the book
>>
Usually two or three fiction books. Each has their own time of the day though, because weird association things in my head.

I read a chapter of one in the morning when I first wake up. I also read a chapter of one before I go to bed. (Sometimes the morning and evening books are the same.)

Then I have a third (or second), which I read all throughout the day and gets read much faster than the others.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.