[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we get an adult comics suggestions thread? went to /co/,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 250px-Blackholecover.jpg (27 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
250px-Blackholecover.jpg
27 KB, 250x350
can we get an adult comics suggestions thread?

went to /co/, but its capeshit central, so i think /lit/ would be better for it.

>inb4 graphic novels
>>
>>8131072
uh, i read one called 'Fun Home' that was pretty cool.
Basically, it was a nonfiction graphic novel about the narrator's late father who was a very strange dude that slept with younger men (underaged but not prepubescent).

I mean, it was a bit SJW because the writer is a lesbian and feminist icon. BUT it was very intelligently written, dwelling very little on the author's own sexuality and focusing instead on her father's repressed homosexuality and relationships with young boys. It goes through and analyzes and makes connections with a lot of literature, too. Joyce, Proust, Camus, Fitzgerald.

Worth a read.
>>
>>8131083
Sounds fucking awful.

Anyway I liked Maus because it had jew jokes, it's the thing I remember the most.
Ghost in the Shell had a superior adaptation.
Watchmen was okay.
Transmetropolitan was garbage.
>>
>>8131083
not fun at all. sounds shitty.

anyways.
there was this book, that was a literal object book, a box, that contained about 17 different pieces, some were small books, some were pamphlets. all added to the story. it was meant to be like a city building?
>>
>>8131072

ALL THE CHARACTERS LOOK IDENTICAL
>>
>>8131112
Building Stories by Chris Ware
>>
>>8131138

do you have it? i almost buy it once.
>>
>Citizens of No Place (great if you like architecture, it gives some education through fiction)
>The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes (a collection of the best, from the best of newspaper comics)
>Making Comics (if you're interested in making comics or even just how it works (I think it's even better than Understanding Comics for understanding comics))
>Jimmy Corrigan (Chris Ware is a comic legend and this is considered is greatest work)
>A Contract with God (where "graphic novels" began)
>Kafka (great for understanding Kafka and what is "Kafkaesque," by a couple comic legends)
>Queen of the Black Black (from a magazine, and made by a woman so you can avoiding being killed by SJW enforcers that check your shelf)
>Watchmen (already mentioned but it's a mustard, so just read it already)
>Marvels (goes through all the major events in Marvel history through the perspective of a reporter)
>City of Glass (an adaptation of the New York trilogy novels with the legend Mazzucchelli)
>Science: Ruining Everything Since 1543 (you've probably seen SMBC comics posted both here and on /sci/).
>>
>>8131072
>>>/co/
>>
File: Asterios-polyp-bookcover.jpg (141 KB, 1206x1600) Image search: [Google]
Asterios-polyp-bookcover.jpg
141 KB, 1206x1600
>>
>>8131072
graphic novels
>>
File: 61Ot8cyuF6L.jpg (77 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
61Ot8cyuF6L.jpg
77 KB, 352x500
i like pic related

>>8131155
fuck tha board police
>>
>>8131072
one of the worst graphic novels I've ever read. best adult comic I ever read is this anthology published by Tugboat Press called Papercutter, no idea if scans exist online. you might have to order it. its worth it
>>
you should have started a thread on /co/, you dingus. they have them occasionally. there's a eurocomics thread over there. believe it or not, some people are actually knowledgeable about the medium, and can point you to more obscure shit than the average il/lit/erate will know.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.