[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this considered high-brow literature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Is this considered high-brow literature?
>>
I was trying to remember the name of this series. Thank you, anon.
>>
Flip-o-rama seemed like an underrated gimmick at the time
>>
Not ever since they retconned a character into being gay.
>>
>>8131034
i googled this and im mad now
>>
I vaguely remember the book from my childhood. Apparently it caused a shitfit. I didn't know about that.
>>
>>8131034
Oh man...
These were subversive in their day. They mocked inept, irresponsible, overreaching and stifling authority in a manner unprecedented for a children's book. And now it's come to toeing the intersectionalist party line? For virtue signaling good boy points?

How the mighty have fallen.
>>
>>8130483
Dav Pilkey was my idol back in gradeschool.

Loved these books.
>>
>>8131034
>retcon
can't a character not show any signs of their sexuality as a child? geez
>>
>>8131075
Phew lad
>>
File: feels-Dr-Who.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
feels-Dr-Who.gif
365 KB, 500x275
>>8131034
>>
I thought he was gay in the first couple of books, too. I remember not being that shocked when I found out. Anyways, it was relevant because they go to the future and see their adult selves. If Dav felt the character was gay (I really always assumed he was too) it'd make sense he had a partner. So it's probably more highbrow humor than you'd think.
>>
>>8131075
>These were subversive in their day
Considering how upset you seem to be, I might guess that they still are
>>
>>8133011
I didn't. I didn't even concern myself with such things as a child.
>>
B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D
>>
>>8133158
Do we really care though? Does it REALLY affect the story that much? Poor old Dav just wanted to cash in on some dank SJWbux, let him have them. Doesn't change a THING.
>>
>>8131034
For fuck sake
>>
>>8133241
>Does it REALLY affect the story that much?
Have you forgotten how few words there are per chapter and how short the books are? it probably forms 10% of the book
>>
File: 1463710636303.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463710636303.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>8133158

maybe it was meant as a warning for the kids

anyway I'm sad now too..

In 4th grade we used to make "squishies" like in one of the books, you'd food a ketchup packet under the outboard circumference of a toilet seat then when someone would sit down ketchup would splatter all over their thighs. Many a laugh was had, good times. These books were so subversive, is nothing sacred?
>>
>>8133841
>you'd food a ketchup packet
>you'd put a ketchup packet*

I meant put, I don't even know how such a mistake is possible.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.