[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you won't be able to be an author (or any kind of public
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1464295703279.png (767 KB, 960x693) Image search: [Google]
1464295703279.png
767 KB, 960x693
>you won't be able to be an author (or any kind of public figure) without people coming forward to air out every piece of dirty laundry about you, and every skeleton in your closet.

I want to be a writer, but this is probably like, up there in biggest fears.
>>
>>8130257
I think of this too. It can also come from what you're writing. The embarrassing thing that gets exposed is your mindset when you're writing something personal. Especially when it's an author insert.
>>
>>8130257
there are plenty of reclusive authors, like greg egan
>>
>>8130257
tbqh of all the public figures it's the easiest for the writer.

(his work containing any honest writing, that is)
>>
>>8130257
i will love to get people shocked with all my disgusting fetishes.
>>
>>8130257
You could always one-up those people by writing about your skeletons before they get the chance to expose them.
>>
What about Thomas Pynchon? We know a lot about him, but it's barely anything compared to literally every other famous person
>>
>>8130591

Artists got it pretty good too. Basically people who don't have to have their face everywhere. Nobody really gives a shit about most author's lives besides maybe the basics that might be in a wiki article (born here, went to school here etc.)

If you're worried about people finding out embarassing things about you due to fame, don't do anything prominent in film. EXCEPT for writing. Scriptwriters and producers don't get that much attention except by other hollywood insiders that all gossip about each other. I figure the only way you'd get a real close look at your personal life if you were a writer would be if you achieved top-tier fame (unlikely), or if you were of particular interest to academics who would want to figure out everything about you to understand why you write the things you write.
>>
Writers aren't that famous. Very few people care about their personal lives.
>>
>>8130257
Invent a fake identity mang
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.