[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /lit/ recommend me any fictional books about creation of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1352226995059.jpg (457 KB, 2400x1350) Image search: [Google]
1352226995059.jpg
457 KB, 2400x1350
Can /lit/ recommend me any fictional books about creation of society? Post apocalyptic/ideas for new types of societies and the execution of those ideas.

I did not know how to search for this specific theme from the sticky's links.
>>
=/
>>
Lord of the flies
The mysterious island ( aka the convenient island)
>>
>>8130924
This and Brave New World.
BNW in particular with how society is pretty much restructured into a class driven hedonistic dystopia.
>>
>>8130945
I've read Brave New World but that's not exactly what i'm looking for. In Brave New World the society is already stabilished, it's just a dystopian view of our future.

What i'm looking for is something along the lines of the movie Fahrenheit (they isolate themselves in the forest, hoping to create an alternative society), the ending of Atlas Shrugged (the whole view of their secret club which leads to a new society), or the ending of I am legend (in which a new society of creatures take over the earth).

I'm interested in the structural part of creating a new society. For example, King of thorns talks about how there was a great event in the past, and society reestructured itself after the anihilations of the previous human race. This process of reconstruction is what i'm looking for.

>>8130924
I've heard of lord of the flies before, i'll look into them, thanks.
>>
animal farm
>>
>>8130969
In Lord of the Flies Golding specifically chose to write children so that the characters would not have a fully formed conception of what society is.

So the boys are not trying to create a society with any particular vision in mind. Golding is exploring how he thinks things would go "naturally".

I'm not sure if that deviates from what you are looking for.
>>
>>8131011
It's exactly what i was looking for, i already started reading it, thankee.
>>
File: Fluxor.png (397 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Fluxor.png
397 KB, 450x300
Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius ?

>>8131051
>>
>>8129874
I enjoyed the shit out of Seveneves by Neil Stephenson.
>>
>>8129874
A Canticle for Leibowitz

didnt read it, but I heard its an underrated gem...
>>
Ok this is a recommendation thread, yes, but the fact that no one has provided anything satisfactory corroborates the argument that /lit/ is getting shit up by pseuds and other boards/social sites.

God, I hate most of you.
>>
>>8131790
Lord of the flies was a great recommendation and i'm enjoying it.
>>
Earth Abides
The Stand
A Canticle for Leibowitz
Crossed +100
>>
>>8129874
Dark Eden and its sequel, literally the creation of society and the problems that devients create when they want to go their own way instead of follwing tradition
>>
File: fregg.jpg (41 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
fregg.jpg
41 KB, 446x362
>>8129874
This is one of the subjects I'd like to write about so bad it hurts, but the words just won't come out.
>>
File: 1333407480789.gif (1 MB, 209x180) Image search: [Google]
1333407480789.gif
1 MB, 209x180
>>8131994
I'm no writer, but read about it, watch movies and play games on the subject. That's the way i go when i need inspiration in my field, i see interviews about other professionals and things that will inspire me in the way i want to go.
>>
The Republic
>>
>>8129874
Growth of the Soil - Hamsun
100 Years of Solitude - Marquez
Invisible Cities - Calvino
The Long Journey - Johannes V. Jensen.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.