[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up after 12 hours of sleep >inject caffeine in to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
>wake up after 12 hours of sleep
>inject caffeine in to my arteries
>turn up heavy metal music to 11
>read one page of picrelated
>fall asleep for another 12 hours
>>
>>8129599
>19th century English lit
seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
File: bathing in white tears.jpg (46 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
bathing in white tears.jpg
46 KB, 625x415
>>8129599
>>8129607
Brainlets detected.
>>
>>8129599
it was pretty good, the second half seemed to drag, the childhood of Pip was one of my favorite bildungsromans so far.
>>
>>8129618
That's one qt nigger would suck bbc
>>
>>8129599
u think this is boring stay the fuck away from david copperfield
>>
>>8129744
right? but let's be umble, anon. if we're not umble, we'll have troubles in our lives.
>>
If you don't find this book wicked funny, you don't know how to read.
>>
>>8129753
fuck off uriah, you slimy fuck
>>
>>8129810
please detail in instance of wicked funniness
>>
>>8129853
>anon stretches himself inhumanly, writhing and twisting into a wretched smile
that's not umble, you know, one might take offense. i'm sure you didn't mean anything by it.
>>
>>8129858
Pip's letter to Joe, of which Joe can only read "J-O" Jo.

Pip's unique way of bolting his food.

The amateur production of Hamlet.

Mr. Pumblechook asking "May I?";

The indignant Mr. Pumblechook rubbing Pip's loss in his face.

The list goes on. Maybe stick to Vonnegut.
>>
>>8129810
Agreed
>>
>>8129810
My dark-skinned gentleman.
>>
>>8129898
Also, Pip not being able to write "O" properly.

I remember the cute loli maid in Bleak House having the same problem. I wonder if it's Dickens recalling how he had the same difficulty as a poor child.
>>
Biddy is the smartest Dickens girl. Prove me wrong.

>learn all those knowledge to become a teacher by herself
>can do Pip's work at smithing just by watching him
>>
>>8129599
>Dickens

You fucked up
>>
>>8129599

I'm re-reading it now and enjoying it much more than I did when I read it in Secondary about ten years ago. I'm getting the impression that it's largely about making the upper class life not as glamours as it seems but seems to humanize criminals a little like the convict from the early chapters.

>>8129810

Some of Joe's lines are pretty hilarious, what did /lit/ think of the South Park episode?

Also does anyone else love the description of scenery in this? Dickens manages to paint a very lasting picture of what he describes like the marshes in the start, the image of the massive hulking ships coming in and Mis Havisham herself being pretty wraith like and how desolate her house seemed.
>>
>>8131612
>what did /lit/ think of the South Park episode?

I don't watch South Park, anon.

I do know the Japs are crazy about that episode (and South Park in general). You can find some anime fanart of it as a result.

Hell, it actually raised awareness to Dickens' works other than Christmas Carol. I'm now reading a David Copperfield Japanese fanfiction in the style of a South Park episode.
>>
>>8129810
>>8129858
The scenes involving Aged Parent were ridiculously funny.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.