[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite substances to read on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Pot, valium, tea, alcohol, L-theanine, tobacco, aderall, coffee, kratom - what's your reading poison?
>>
>>8128484
caffeine and lean are the only drugs i can read on. I can't even read hungover much less while still drunk.
>>
>>8128484
I enjoy reading when I'm drunk, but I don't remember anything about it the next day. So just some tea and a couple of biscuits to crumble lovingly between the pages will do me just fine.
>>
>>8128484
oxygen.

pollen.

fuck you.
>>
>>8128484
I like pot for things like pynchon. History or anything, caffeine and adderall can be good to just skim. tobacco makes it impossible for me to concentrate and bentos make it hard to think. Kratom is pretty great for it - little kick of energy and gives me an extra dose of patience and concentration without the manic part of coffee or adderrall. alcohol is iffy - more than one beer is impossible to read on really, but sipping one can be alright - doesn't do much for the reading but can be enjoyable.
>>
>>8128525
also - drugs to write on? i heard someone say to write on adderall/coffee, edit on pot and re-read drunk. again, i like kratom, normally with an addy combo to crank writing out. the creativity it kills isn't really an issue since i spend my time not writing thinking about it.
>>
>>8128522
>caring what other people ingest
>being a salty teetotaler
Just because you don't like to enjoy yourself doesn't mean that others shouldn't

Unless of course you mean that you hyperventilate to catch a buzz, in which case I recommend using a different method to get fucked up
>>
>>8128560
>I'm a teetotaler means that I don't like to enjoy myself
>I should actually be requiring drugs in order to perform a basic task like reading language and possibly even enjoy it
>addiction is enjoyable

:(

also, I'm not a teetotaler.
>>
Green tea, coffee, and cigarettes. The patrician's choice. Harder drugs are for reveries and bacchanals, not the sustained and concentrated task of reading.

Everything else just fucks with me too much, makes me unstable, antsy, or if I come down off the drug I feel like my flow is lost.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.