[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a slave tries to commit suicide and fails, how should he be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: d3.B.crystalcaste.jpg (1 MB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
d3.B.crystalcaste.jpg
1 MB, 3456x2592
If a slave tries to commit suicide and fails, how should he be punished or treated?
>>
he should undergo mental treatment to relieve him of his suffering. Then when he has been cleared of all psychological dysfunction he should be beaten to within an inch of his life
>>
Needless to say, the reason for punishment is because such slave has threatened that which isn't his anymore, his life, and thus is akin to having tried to kill someone's cattle
>>
>>8127351
Wouldn't the beating revert the psychological treatment?
>>
the punishment should be the same for a slave which tried to kill itself as it is for someone who tries to steal that slave.
>>
Loose cannon. Finish the slave off.
>>
>>8127367
And what would it be?

>>8127374
But you are the one loosing a slave, so it works worse for you, since you'll have to buy another
>>
>>8127361
That doesn't matter unless he tries to commit suicide again
We cannot punish a slave who we know is acting in poor conscience, so it suits us to take him out of that state.
When he has been cured then it is right to punish him.
The effects of the punishment on the slave are up to him
>>
>>8127384
>loosing
You're on the literature board
>>
>>8127408
So using the punishment as lawful formal retribution rather than as a tool for intimidation?
If I understood, the point is "fixing" his mind and then applying the punishment because that's what the norm says and not to further "reform" him?

>>8127425
Apologies, English is not my first language
>>
>>8127384
Losing the slave is like cutting off a cancerous tumour. You lose a piece of yourself but save what matters.

An uppity slave creates a ripple.
>>
>>8127491
I see your reasoning
Now, could there be a less costly solution?
Lets suppose such slave has some invaluable trait that would make his execution something unwise
>>
>>8127346
an eye for an eye. you punish him by cursing him eternal life.
>>
>>8127550
It could work depending on the religiosity of the slave, but that's an excellent idea
>>
>>8127346
being sold to a notoriously cruel slave owner / company.
symbolically speaking a mining job is great, but it could be something more outright vicious. There's always someone buying discount slaves just to tear them apart / train their soldiers with actual killing / feed them to a ferocious beast in the arena /straight up stab them in the eyes because being rich is boring.
>have you read books?
>>
So many options depending on who you are and who the slave is, but one thing that works for everyone is to sell the slave and buy a new one.
>>
Brutalized in front of the other slaves (if there are any) as an example and then left to die in agony.
It's edgy but hey we already own slaves so whatever.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.