[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Rick and Morty better than Hitchhiker's Guide to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
Is Rick and Morty better than Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Because I like it way more
>>
>>8126716
Its funnier but Hitchhikers Guide had a more intelligent universe
>>
>>8126716
I watched up until the episode where his clones nearly kill Mort. Maybe it was the end of Season 2.

It's actually good stoner sci-fi, nothing life changing or something to be taken seriously, but light bullshit with some thinking behind it. Kind of reminded me of Hypersphere. I think one of the creators browses 4chan, he mentioned trolling /tv/ in an interview. The show have that slightly WASPy autismo tinge to it that memes have conditioned me to like.

Are the rest of the episodes good? Some were funny, some were really weak. Do they continue to develop each episode's premise or sci-fi cliche inventively, or are they running out?
>>
>>8126833
There's only two seasons and I'm pretty sure that's not an actual episode your describing there friend. Maybe you should actually pay attention to things and you'll like them more.
>>
>>8126833
Whats Hypersphere?
>>
>>8126716
It's Reddit: the Show. Pseudo-intellectual garbage whose audience considers themselves high-brow for enjoying muh complex philosophical subjects.
>>
>>8127419
I thought it was just kinda funny desu.

From that viewpoint both are just reddit le show.
>>
>>8126716
Hitchhikers guide is terrible terrible terrible. Thankfully it is fading away in the public consciousness.
>>
>>8127476
>Thankfully it is fading away in the public consciousness.
I would rather be saying that about Star Trek/Wars
>>
related: is 3 better than 27?
>>
>>8127419
If your first thought when watching/reading something is about how you imagine other people perceive it, you have a problem.
>>
File: 1447073013560.jpg (45 KB, 1239x744) Image search: [Google]
1447073013560.jpg
45 KB, 1239x744
>>8127473
Not a fan of either, but I don't recall Hitchhiker's Guide having an actual cuckold part to it.

Anyway look at these cocky self-righteous faggots.

>Rick and Morty creators: 'We're pulling apart the tropes of sci-fi'

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/jul/30/ricky-and-morty-creators-were-pulling-apart-the-tropes-of-sci-fi

>>8127522
Understanding an audience is part of understanding a work. Also
>if you do this, you have a problem
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>8127497
miles better
>>
>>8127531
People are too varied to think you learned something about Rick and Morty by noticing that redditors like it other than that redditors like it.
>>
>>8127219
A book /lit/ wrote.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.