[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now this one is tricky, does anyone know books on systematic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: WP_20140404_004.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140404_004.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Now this one is tricky, does anyone know books on systematic analysis method? I would need some books about that method for history of physics PhD.

Picture somewhat related. Maxwell made some hypothesis on nature of mechanical movement (basis for ether).
>>
I think you are better off asking this in /sci/
>>
>>8126630
P much all academic meta analysis type stuff I've ever seen as it happens (I'm sure there's a good Latin phrase for that) was not always basic exactly but was not always done with such a deep philosophical understanding if you get what I mean.

Afaik the origin for this type of analysis is Dewey. It's the one where you look at a number of historical cases and make theories like what Chomsky always does?
>>
>>8126795
Ontological might be the word you're looking for, or phenomenology of ontology.
>>
>>8126795
Thanks for everyone on replies so far. Just to comment on books. So far I have read stuff by Imre Lakatos. Dewey should be good addition too. I'm European so it might explain why this name was new to me. Seems sometimes that academics think wrongly on other academics on other side of ocean. lil amount of progression wouldn't hurt. I knew it would be long shot to mention it here, but we can always try. But anyways thanks on Dewey, seems interesting.
>>
>>8126795
WTF? Was this post generated by a pseudo-random Markov chain?

>>8126820
You too. Are you clinically retarded or just drunkenly throwing terms around?
>>
>>8127716
What question are you asking, exactly?

So far this entire thread has been an utter shitshow of nonsense.
>>
>>8127716
I tried googling it and Dewey has such a broad range of work it's quite hard to pin point what I was talking about specifically. It somewhat runs through most of his work, but probs the most relevant to you are what came out of his back and forth with B Russel. He develops a kind of investigation that iirc he describes as between Feyerabend and Quine (less anarchic than F and less rigid than Q) that gets called something like a biological-anthropological approach.

How I've ever heard it described is the same as systematic analysis method, it's probably like a fore father or uncle of it or something. But google throws nothing up if I look up Dewey and SAM so maybe I've misunderstood something between the two.
>>
>>8127850
Yea Dewey has nothing on SAM, point of that was methodologies in general. That is valuable too if one will develop methodology for research. Many tools are fine-tuned to fit hand that is using it.
>>
>>8127850
And forgot to add got some books by Bertrand too ^^
>>
File: CCWLFa6WMAAaMso.png (267 KB, 560x498) Image search: [Google]
CCWLFa6WMAAaMso.png
267 KB, 560x498
>>8127735
>Was this post generated by a pseudo-random Markov chain?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.