[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you break the habit of only reading before sleep? This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1459044096833.jpg (36 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1459044096833.jpg
36 KB, 400x386
How do you break the habit of only reading before sleep?

This is killing me, I only can get in like 20 pages before I start dozing off.
>>
>>8125845
well, you read during the day.
>>
>>8125845
sounds like depression
and you're a frogposter so
>>
>>8125853
well frogposting signifies he's a normalfaggototry, doubt it's depression

maybe he's just "sad"
>>
I can only read on the bus

I have a reading corner with a bookshelf and a nice chair set up at home, and I sit down with a cup of tea and a book, and... I just feel like I'm sitting around doing nothing so I get up to move around a bit and I end up not reading

it's a good thing I spend 15 hours a week on public transit
>>
>>8125861
>normie
>4chan
>>
>>8125865
Yeah, 4chan is pretty popular
>>
>>8125865
also the word "normie" itself is pretty "normie" as well

I hear what you'd call "Normies" using it frequently in their meme vocabulary

and they just love that frog
>>
File: 1463892746019.jpg (33 KB, 541x541) Image search: [Google]
1463892746019.jpg
33 KB, 541x541
>>8125845
dude same shit happens to me. things that help are when you start dozing off. get up and go get a drink or a snack or some shit. always read sitting up. read in a kitchen chain instead of a comfy one. make some fucking coffee once u start to doze, not before starting to read. if you start to doze, shit post on 4chan. playing with your phone will wake you up. read standing up. read while getting a blow job. read while walking on a treadmill. read while cooking some eggs. read while your reading your book that your reading. take cocaine. never smoke weed while reading. smoke crack. do meth. put a vibrating butt plug or prostate massager in your ass before you start. sit in an awkward position. put a bug inside the couch your sitting on. do cocaine.
>>
>>8125875
who do they use the term to refer to?
how do they define normality?
>>
>>8125845
drink some coffee or tea before you read
>>
Depends. Lately I've been reading more smart stuff I prefer to dedicate full attention to. I prefer not to read Kierkegaard in the bed, but I could read 70 pages of Hemmmmmmmmmmingway last night. Also I be bulking, so I know I must sleep.
>>
>>8125863
>I spend 15 hours a week on public transit

from 1 to 10 how miserable do you feel?
>>
>>8125845
I have an alarm clock set to 10 pm each night. when it rings i turn off the computer.
last three hours of the day are for writing, reading and drawing.
>works for me
>>
>>8125845
Have you tried reading something that you are actually interested in?
Just sayin'...
>>
read in the bath, set a timer for an hour or two and don't get out until it goes off
>>
Start slowly, pick the part of the day that you want to dedicate your time reading and just read like 5 pages. It sounds a bit pathetic but just like everything else you build resistance and with time you will be able to endure longer and longer periods of concentrated reading.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.