[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up from vivid dream in the middle of the night >"wow,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: images.png (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7 KB, 225x225
>wake up from vivid dream in the middle of the night
>"wow, that would make a great plot"
>write it down
>go back to sleep
>wake up
>read it
>it's really stupid
>>
File: 1463289134958.png (70 KB, 755x801) Image search: [Google]
1463289134958.png
70 KB, 755x801
>not respecting your dreams

smhtbh

you write it until it works
>>
Anyone ever have dreams where you're reading? I wish I could remember all the dank prose
>>
that is so amateur
>>
>Have a dream
>Can't remember what class is next
>Help
>HELP
>Wake up
>High school was 8 years ago
>>
I had a dream where an intense emotional experience could turn people into living aspects of that emotion, immortal and forced to live with it forever, compelled to either relive it constantly or to find release, and the latter was their only way to cure the curse. I saw a person who felt crushing loneliness and became an immortal social butterfly, constanly wandering, trying to find human connections in an attempt to fill the void inside him. I saw someone who was treated unjustly turn into someone who felt no such thing as justice existed and feeling compelled to prove it to people. Someone who had felt powerless all his life becoming someone who wants to inflict the greatest change possible to the world.

I really don't want to write that because it's part fantasy, part superheroish stuff, both of which I dislike, but on the other hand I'm intrigued by the potential to showcase through fiction the fact that it's our neuroses and insecurities that drive our behavior, either through by "I want to be that", or "I definitely don't want to be that", and how certain events can change who we are and set the path for our entire lives.
>>
>>8125787
damn nigga u old
>>
>>8125810
>immortal social butterfly
Now I want to read this.

>it's part fantasy, part superheroish stuff
Many great books have fantastic elements (Metamorphosis, Candide, most Greek and Roman books...). What you described also has nothing to do with the superhero stereotype.
These really aren't good reasons, you should write the book.
>>
>>8125811
no you're just young
>>
File: 1410978375719.gif (2 MB, 261x303) Image search: [Google]
1410978375719.gif
2 MB, 261x303
>get idea for a story while lying in bed
>"ugh these always end up being bad I shouldn't get up for it"
>get up and write it down anyway
>read it the next morning
>it's actually pretty decent
>>
>>8125810
Nigga that's fucking dank if you're not writing that then I'm stealing the idea fuck you.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 604x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 604x470
>>8125787
:(
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.