[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I gotta thank you guys for meme-ing me into reading Pynchon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1434738125554.jpg (44 KB, 387x573) Image search: [Google]
1434738125554.jpg
44 KB, 387x573
I gotta thank you guys for meme-ing me into reading Pynchon. The dude's writing is incredible.
>>
I don't need you to tell me how fucking good Pynchon is, okay? I'm the one who buys him. I know how good it is.
>>
he single-handedly ruined the novel
>>
did he have you howling at the moon at the image of a man going down a toilet?
>>
>>8125674
Go to bed, Quentin
>>
>>8125699
to your mom's bed
>>
>>8125674
You're a redditor.
>>
>>8125674

When Bonnie goes to the store, Bonnie buys shit.

*Dumps out a garbage bag of John Green novels*
>>
Remind me of this mans name.
>>
>>8126380
Pinching
>>
>>8126380

Ping Chong.
>>
>>8126380
Don DeLillo
>>
Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.
>>
>>8125699
>Quentin/Pynchon
please.
>>
>>8125659

I never thought I would find this much meaning in a meme. This has made me realize that I don't need meme's to make me happy. That I am addicted to them. That I don't control the memes, they control me. And I say that I can stop anytime I want but... I can't. I don't want to. The memes give me life and purpose but, do I need memes to be happy? What is happiness if not a good dfw meme? What is internet cancer if not LeafyIsHere? Am I internet cancer? Probably, but why can't I be a meme. On all levels except physical I am a meme, but is that a good thing? Are memes a good thing or just another passing of humanity? Will aliens see our memes when they come down to our war rot planet and think, "How could people this cancerous make weapons this destructive?" Will memes be how we are remembered? With a doggo meme or two and dat boi? I've gone on a tangent and I don't know why you've read this if you did but fun fact that isn't actually fun, the average weight of a pygmy goat is 35 pounds. I'm sad that I know that off the top of my head... Damn. Got to go meme again.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.