[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is possible to write something so "alien" and strange
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_o6jylhUBY71vt3c13o5_400.gif (2 MB, 322x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6jylhUBY71vt3c13o5_400.gif
2 MB, 322x200
Is possible to write something so "alien" and strange to the human experience? Something that is barely recognizable to proceed from an human mind? any book that have done that?
>>
>>8124830
"Human" is a spook friend
>>
I want to knead those thighs
>>
>>8124837
I know, but im not sure how to phrase it better.
But yes, in other words im searching for something completely without spooks.
>>
>>8124849
>something completely without spooks.
>alien
Shut the fuck up you mongoloid meme shitter and pick up a damn book.
>>
>>8124830
I don't think I fully understand what you mean.

Anyways, I think that's what Satre attempted with Nausea
>>
>>8124830
yes but only when counting the little things. example:

>sam picked up the waffles and put them in the toaster. he pondered if he should go with the trusty mustard or if he should use mayo like his odd cousin ...

nobody uses either on waffles if you do go back to /b/ with the other inhumans. but if you try to take it farther than little things nobody does it just gets stupid. example

>sam put his shoes in the toaster and wondered as he waited for them to be done if he should shove them up his ass like always or rub them on his nuts like his odd cousin
>>
>>8124851
I don't think you know what those words really means.
>>
File: dictee-front-cover.jpg (175 KB, 429x640) Image search: [Google]
dictee-front-cover.jpg
175 KB, 429x640
Try Theresa Hak Kyung Cha's "Dictee". Pretty cool postmodern autobiography where the author uses bizarre blocks and mashings of prose, poem, and image in order to relate the content of her emotional experience throughout life.

After first picking it up, it was inaccessible to me. "Is this garbage", I wondered? However, after doing a little research about the author I grew able to understand and appreciate her approach.

If taking apart riddles and spending lots of time thinking about why the heck somebody would write something excites you, do give this shit a try.
>>
>>8124891
I don't think you've ever picked up a book in your life; fuck off.
>>
Dude, no... Language
>>
it's possible, but not desirable
>>
File: Untitled2.png (9 KB, 82x47) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
9 KB, 82x47
>>
>>8125284
People who know what those words mean have never read a book in their life
>>
>>8125832
Retard
>>
>>8124830
Lovecraft's work makes you feel like you are going crazy because the characters frequently come across things that don't make any rational sense at all
>>
>>8124837
>spook
What the hell does this word even mean, aside from a slag term for ghosts?
>>
>>8125841
Rationality/irrationality is still within the horizon of meaning for humans. I think OP is looking for something more along the lines of non-rational, which I think could be an ideal possibility but a form which couldn't possibly become a reality.
>>
>>8124830
i'd tell you but i prefer sheer nylons over opaques
>>
doesnt finnegans wake basically do this
>>
>>8126305
It means that all the cool kids on redd- I mean /lit/ have le ego man as their favourite philosopher.
>>
>>8124830

Solaris explores this idea, although it doesn't itself represent something unrecognizably alien.
>>
File: 1458165975178.png (386 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1458165975178.png
386 KB, 853x480
>"Why are breakfast foods breakfast foods?" I asked them. "Like, why don't we have curry for breakfast food?"
>"Hazel, eat."
>"But why?" I asked. "I mean, seriously: How did scrambled eggs get stuck in with breakfast exclusivity? You can put bacon on a sandwich without anyone freaking out. But the moment your sandwich has an eggs, boom, it's a breakfast sandwich."
>Dad answered with his mouth full. "When you come back, we'll have breakfast for dinner. Deal?"
>"I don't want to have 'breakfast for dinner,'" I answered, crossing knife and fork over my mostly full plate. "I want to have scrambled eggs for dinner without this ridiculous construction that scrambled eggs-inclusive meal is breakfast even when it occurs at dinnertime."
>"You've gotta pick your battles in this world, Hazel," my mom said. "But if this is the issue you want to champion, we stand behind you."
>"Quite a bit behind you," my dad added, and Mom laughed.
>Anyway, I knew it was stupid, but I felt kind of bad for scrambled eggs.

John Green does it pretty well.
>>
File: konnyczu.gif (47 KB, 445x580) Image search: [Google]
konnyczu.gif
47 KB, 445x580
>>8124849
you could read some of Matt Howarth's "Konny and Czu" comics. not a single human to be seen anywhere.
>>
>>8126763
what book is that from?
instantly wanna read it
>>
>>8126902
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/789157-why-are-breakfast-food-breakfast-foods-i-asked-them-like

This says it's from The Fault in Our Stars
>>
the lime twig shitposter is not here?
>>
try voynich manuscript
try codex seraphianus
>>
>>8124830
first two parts of the sound and the fury, particularly the first
>>
It may not be what you're looking for, but Tao Lin has a way of making his characters distant to the point of being almost inhuman
>>
>>8130206
go to bed, tao.
>>
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto"
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.