[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone read this? I read the shorter biography by Joshi.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: iamprovidence-2.jpg (160 KB, 688x800) Image search: [Google]
iamprovidence-2.jpg
160 KB, 688x800
Did anyone read this? I read the shorter biography by Joshi. I'd like to know if the 1k+ page door stoppers are worth the read.
>>
>>8124577
God damn what idiotic covers

All you need on Lovecraft apart from his writing is Houllebecq's essay. If you want to read more for shits and giggles there are womyn essayists writing about how evil necrotic otherworldly demons represent female empowerment.
>>
>>8124650
The covers do suck dick. But it's a functional 6/10. Joshi gave the green light to much worse in the past (why is it so hard to find intelligent people who perform at the level of at least a hill for every gentlemanly skill, instead of humdrum plains...).

You however, are an autist, likely a 4/10 person overall. If you seriously think that one essay is enough to cover every interesting aspect of that wonderful weirdo's life, you need to stop pseuding this board to shit and let your betters lead the conversations.
>>
anything joshi related belongs in the trash, just read lovecraft's letters or something
>>
>>8124682
Lovecraft was a mediocre writer whose most interesting aspect is that of an undeveloped science fiction theme - and of course the revival and the hysteria following it to the point that any unfortunate squid has that Lovecraftian moniker hanging over it today. His style was completely lifted, and poorly, from several turn of the century writers.
>>
File: 5c8.png (31 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
5c8.png
31 KB, 165x115
>>8124721
>>
>>8124845
Yeah he's a boring baiter, not even worth responding to.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.