[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: memes of radiance.jpg (47 KB, 307x475) Image search: [Google]
memes of radiance.jpg
47 KB, 307x475
>>
>>8123195
Garbage genre fic
>>
>>8123195
dfw would have read this book and hated himself for writing esoteric literary/genre fiction that is attempting to communicate similar things i.e. humanity but doing so in a way that is inaccessible and meant to exclude by nature of the genre, something he felt books like this didn't have and were better for imo
>>
I'm halfway through the book now. Is it just the same throughout or what? I feel like there's no tension and when something cool happens, it's often ignored or written away, a la Kaladin losing his right arm and gaining it back in a few paragraphs.
>>
>>8123195
Pros:
Waifu
Worldbuilding
Taravangian

Cons:
Prose
Characterization
shallan needs to stop thinking she is so amazing
>>
>>8123240
Honestly this was one of my main complaints about the book. I can assure you, all the tension that's held from you rushes in at the ending chapters but it makes the first three quarters boring.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.