[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: death-of-bunny-munro.jpg (3 MB, 1550x2380) Image search: [Google]
death-of-bunny-munro.jpg
3 MB, 1550x2380
is this good
>>
>>8123071
Winnipeg Free Press seems to think so
>>
It starts out fine but goes absolutely nowhere
>>
>>8123071
No
>>
>>8123209
It seems like the kind of book that has to go absolutely nowhere though.
>>
What Cave should I listen to next after loving from her to eternity?
>>
>>8123391
His work with The Birthday Party. I'd recommend Junkyard. Much as I love the Bad Seeds, their style moved away from that sound as they progressed. Her to Eternity sounds more like an update on his Birthday Party sound than the later Bad Seeds albums.
>>
>>8123071
No. Music by overrated musicians is bad enough, books by them are utter trash.
>>
>>8123460
>don't listen to the Bad Seeds
Dude, their like, way more important than Birthday Party.
>>
we want the bukowski audience: the book.
>>
>>8123606
>way more important than Birthday Party.

the beatles are more "important" than the shaggs too.
>>
>>8123606
I didn't say that at all. I prefer the Bad Seeds, but if someone loved From Her to Eternity they'd be better off checking out Junkyard before something like The Good Son.
>>
>>8123622
Important in that it's what Nick Cave is and what he does.
And fuck Shaggfags.
>>
>>8123622
Also obviously better you hipster fuck.
>>
>>8123071
yeah it is
it helps if you know brighton
>>
>>8123391
Live Seeds
Henry's Dream
Let Love In
then the others
>>
>>8123391
Let Love In is his best.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.