[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lit/ I'm looking for a book that has similair atmosphere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: wickerman[1].jpg (314 KB, 1280x1014) Image search: [Google]
wickerman[1].jpg
314 KB, 1280x1014
Hi /lit/ I'm looking for a book that has similair atmosphere to the movie wickerman or antichrist, could you help me out?
>>
bumperinho
>>
for something similar to the Wicker Man, try some older English horror writers:

Arthur Machen
M.R. James
Algernon Blackwood
>>
The Magus
>>
The magus by John Fowles has the same sort of feel imo

If you're a fan of the film then you should read "inside the wicker man, how not to make a cult classic"
it's quite entertaining.
>>
>>8122576
The Lime Twig
>>
>>8122576

You could try the novel the Wicker Man was based on, Ritual, never read it myself but I'm a fan of the film. I heard the author wrote a follow up titled The Wicker Woman, anyone who has read it would they be willing to spoil it for me?

>>8122639

I second Machen, really underrated writer also look into William Hope Hodgson.
>>
le 1984
>>
>>8122665
Not OP but could never find The Ritual to read on PDF. It is not available in any bookstore from my country and I can't order anything by now.
>>
>>8122576
The Crucible, maybe
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.