[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /lit/. I am looking for books with the following qualities.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: me.jpg (251 KB, 1023x681) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
251 KB, 1023x681
Hello /lit/. I am looking for books with the following qualities. I'd be chuffed if you'd oblige me with some suggestions.

- Focused on action; feelings and emotions rather than thought and reason; the present moment rather than contemplations of future or past
- Eloquent and stylistically sophisticated, but raw and emotional
- Experimental, audacious, unconventional

The more it fits with these descriptions, the better.

Thanks in advance! :)
>>
File: begin with the greeks.jpg (1 MB, 3672x3024) Image search: [Google]
begin with the greeks.jpg
1 MB, 3672x3024
i think you need to start with the greeks
>>
>>8122538
Is Homer pretty close to what I'm talking about? His works do sound promising on that front.
>>
>>8122542
yeah man do it
>>
>>8122511
>Focused on action; feelings and emotions rather than thought and reason; the present moment rather than contemplations of future or past

Nicomenian Ethics

> Eloquent and stylistically sophisticated, but raw and emotional

The Iliad

>Experimental, audacious, unconventional

Lovecraft's dream cycle, that shit is trippy as balls
>>
>>8122511
Did you start with the Greeks?
>>
>>8122542
Homer is literally all of the things you describe and more
>>
>>8122743
Awesome. I'm gonna start with the Odyssey.
>>
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius sounds rather similar to what you're looking for.
>>
File: the lime twig.jpg (17 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
the lime twig.jpg
17 KB, 225x300
*meep* *meep* Patrician coming through
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.