[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How about a nice thread on /lit/ about a book you like and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: carver 2.jpg (31 KB, 240x379) Image search: [Google]
carver 2.jpg
31 KB, 240x379
How about a nice thread on /lit/ about a book you like and why you like it.

I'm sick of
>Hur niggers caint rite
>Womenz ain't authers aither

And all the shitty threads where someone just shits on anything introduced.

Talk about a book you really like and why you like it.

If you want to call a book shit, explain why, and don't be a fucking faggot and say "it just is" or any variation of that.

I really think "What we talk about when we talk about love" by Raymond carver is the guide to character development and emotion in short stories. It's also full of feels, deep feels.
>>
black woman detected
>>
>>8121181
I expected there to be a wave of resentment and idiocy, but I'm optimistic that it will die down and the adults can actually discuss books.

Go play in /pol/ traffick kid.
>>
>>8121187
It still isn't going to go well. You tried too hard I think.
>>
>>8121216

I don't see how making a completely simple request is trying too hard.

Maybe I shouldn't have acknowledged the shit threads, they do get insecure and angry when you mock them.
>>
>>8121227
Whatever. I've never read Raymond Carver. He always seemed kind of boring to me, but what do I know. Say something about him.
>>
>>8121291

Well I just did, but I'll say more. His characters are already deep half through a really short story. He really makes it subtle and let's you slowly get to know the characters and experience what they feel in a couple of pages.
>>
I love, love, love Rosendorfer's Great Solo For Anton - it's the story of an Austrian tax employee who's too weird to be a part of society, a bit of a loner. One day he wakes up and all humans have disappeared, he's the last man on earth. There are some clues left for him which may or may not mean that he's "chosen" for this purpose, by something that may or may not have been a secret society that foresaw this. It's a hilarious book since Anton just can't deal with anything, but at least he declares himself pope and spends days looking for a appropriate pope-name.

Later on, he finds a book that contains all of the knowledge of the entire world ("Der Endzweck der Welt ist ein Buch.") and he realizes that he is (a) God and may have accidentally caused the disappearance of everyone. He tries to recreate humanity but since he has never understood humans all he creates are abominations that promptly die. Since he is a God, he wills himself to end.
>>
>>8121313
Sounds like a great weird book. I'll look at it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.