[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: books you didn't understand until you read about them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: WaitingForGodot.jpg (21 KB, 190x323) Image search: [Google]
WaitingForGodot.jpg
21 KB, 190x323
itt: books you didn't understand until you read about them afterward
>>
Godot
God... ot

It's about waiting for God.
>>
>>8121152
way to keep with the theme
>>
go (dot) com
>>
>>8121152
we're all rooting for you
way to go
here here
etc.
>>
When I was 13 my English teacher gave me Sound and the Fury. To be honest I had no clue what the fuck was happening on my first read through.
>>
>>8121186
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>8121186
that could either develop a kids tastes in reading and challenges or abhorrently crush his interests altogether. A librarian at my college library confided in me that he couldn't even read through it; he should've just went with it and it'd have made sense eventually though.

I think the Odyssey was a lot more fun the second time round though
>>
>>8121152
Is this a meme? because it's wrong
>>
It is an analogy for the cold war and Godot means God
>>
>>8121390
It does not mean God. It was written in French. You're confused.
>>
>>8121406
by an irishman... never read godot btw....but to say Beckett wasnt a master of the English language- dude wrote finnegans wake
>>
>>8121433
Dubs of truth
>>
>>8121433
It means boot, or it means Godot, with the deliberate connotation of God being implied so that it specifically does NOT mean God.
>>
>>8121433
fuck yea wrote Oliver Twist too
chatty fellow
>>
>>8121676
kek... no but he literally wrote Finnegans Wake.. and Dream of Fair to Middling right after, which was his FW fan fiction
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.