[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth it? It looks like a bunch of Ad Hominems strung
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: karl-popper-the-open-society.jpg (32 KB, 432x679) Image search: [Google]
karl-popper-the-open-society.jpg
32 KB, 432x679
Is it worth it?

It looks like a bunch of Ad Hominems strung together into political science book form.

Are there any more scientific political science books?
>>
>>8120916
Nothing Platonic is worth it.

Diogenes or bust
>>
By Karl Pop Lock 'n Dropper
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 378x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 378x389
>>8120916
>tfw Popper's antichrist tract gets BTFO by Papa Dugin

http://arctogaia.com/public/eng-teor.htm
>>
>>8120958
>html color tags
>red and yellow text on black background
>headers via "font size+2", not just h2, h3, h4

All it misses is "under construction" gifs and blink tags
>>
I really hate when a philosopher uses psychological ad hominems. Its depressingly common in modern political science.

>Plato was just scared of an Open society.
>And he was really a narcissist and wanted to be king.

In what world does this qualify as an argument?
>>
Karl Popper is another example of a person who's good in one field but has nothing to offer in politics. (See Noam Chomsky)
>>
>political
>science

Pick one.
>>
>>8123300
Basically this. Also Popper is a personal hero of Soros, always remember that.

>>8123749
Political Science used to be fine and dandy when it was a simple discipline of comparative study, analysis and political philosophy. Most of the empirical research nowadays with its social science models is utter garbage though.
>>
Leo Strauss's History of Political Philosophy is GOAT
>>
>>8124027
>Also Popper is a personal hero of Soros, always remember that.
I don't know who Soros is and barely know Popper, and yet any of the possible meanings that can be given to this sentence is enough to let me know you're a retard.
>>
>>8124112
George Soros is a Far-left Jewish Billionaire.
>>
>>8124112
>I don't know who Soros is
It's that guy /pol/ keeps obsessing about. >>8124125 is correct nonetheless. Plus Soros named his Open Society Foundation after The Open Society and Its Enemies.

All Popper does in that book is just string a bunch of prejudiced third-hand statements together. You can tell by the book that he never read Plato for example.
>>
>>8120972
>http://arctogaia.com/public/eng-teor.htm
It was made in the 90's, Dugin has republished all his stuff on his 4PT website
>>
Karl Popper brought us Geroge Soros, that says enough of his liberal philosophy
>>
>>8124125
Soros isn't far left, he's a scrupulous ultraliberal no-borders jew who sold out other jews in the holocaust
>>
>>8124125
>George Soros is a Far-left
He's a hedge fund manager, asshat. He's the opposite of "far left".
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.