[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why most intellectuals hate him? In fact, why do most intellectuals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Carl-Jung-in-his-study-room.jpg (223 KB, 1502x872) Image search: [Google]
Carl-Jung-in-his-study-room.jpg
223 KB, 1502x872
Why most intellectuals hate him?
In fact, why do most intellectuals hate anyone who studies and takes seriously the subject of esotericism?
>>
They're scared.
>>
>>8120869
I find the direct opposite. Most "intellectuals" hate Freud.
>>
>>8120884
this desu
>>
>>8120886

That's just engineers.
The Freudo-Marxist faction hates Jung's guts. Not to mention everything esoteric because it's the road to fascism.. They claim.
>>
>>8120901
>The Freudo-Marxist faction hates Jung's guts

this doesn't exist lol
>>
>>8120901
Ironically Marxism is descended from esotericism and hermetic thought via Hegel. There's a mystical eschatological strain in Marxism which cannot be fully repressed, for example the Cosmists in the early USSR. Is there such thing as Jungian Occult Marxism, would be pretty cool.
>>
>>8120918
There are more college campus followers of Jung and marxism than marxism and Freud.

You can know that, because I'm among that crowd.

I have never heard of the "Freudo-Marxists" and I don't think I ever will. bizarre shit kids come up with these days to sound like they're in the know.
>>
>>8120918

Yeah, Francis Yates wrote a good study about Hegel, I think? I still didn't get to it, but I read some summaries.

In any case, never tell the 21st century Marxists that though.
They want nothing to do with the occult.
They don't mind the most vile branches of Christianity though ( Zizek ) or Islam, but oh boy occultism is basically obscurantism that leads to Hitler.
>>
>>8120928

Let me put it on easy-mode for you.
Replace "Freudo-Marxist" with "jew".
Starting to understand, sweetheart?
>>
>>8120928
>>8120911

Freudo-Marxists = Lacanians

There's a huge revival of him because, you know, the Zizek-meme.
>>
>>8120938
>In any case, never tell the 21st century Marxists that though.

I'm right here bitch it's rude to not acknowledge your guests

>>8120940
>Starting to understand, sweetheart?

No.

>>8120941

>Freudo-Marxists = Lacanians

Holy shit this is some next level reaching.

what are bored college students doing next, worrying about astrology post-ironically too hard
>>
>>8120911

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudo-Marxism
>>
>>8120946

>projection
>>
>>8120951
This is literally the first time I'm seeing this thanks. I've been a "Marxist" or whatever going on four years now and I've never fucking heard of this.

>>8120957
What would the projection be?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.