[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sit down to finally write your masterpiece novel >Oh shit,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: HURRRDURRR.jpg (172 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
HURRRDURRR.jpg
172 KB, 1080x1349
>Sit down to finally write your masterpiece novel
>Oh shit, don't know how to write

Anyone else dealt with this situation?

I'm going to die in poverty after all.
>>
God I want to cum on her face.
>>
>>8120853
all the time.

Get good at manipulating people, and develop an ideology, it does wonders. Once you master poking and prodding how people work, the rest of it flows naturally.

You don't have to do that, but it's a good way to understand how human beings work, especially relevant today.
>>
Its called not knowing how to write

accept you probably wont write your masterpiece until much later and it probably wont be recognized until you are dead, it makes things much easier
>>
>>8120857
>God I want to cum on her face.

God doesn't exist.

>Get good at manipulating people, and develop an ideology, it does wonders. Once you master poking and prodding how people work, the rest of it flows naturally.

What?
>>
>>8120883
>What?

A magician never tells her secrets. All you're getting out of me.
>>
File: 1464288514140.jpg (82 KB, 590x573) Image search: [Google]
1464288514140.jpg
82 KB, 590x573
>>8120883
Considering that all phenomena in the world have a cause, the burden of proof is on you to claim the contrary and assume that the big bang did not have a cause.
>>
>>8120888
I want to learn

>>8120894
Bertrand Russell

Why must the universe have a cause?
>>
>>8120974
>Why must the universe have a cause?
So far everything has been proven to conform to causality. The universe should not be granted exception.

>Russell
A hack. Even undergraduates eclipse him nowadays.
>>
>>8120894
>Considering that all phenomena in the world have a cause
Nonsense.
>>
>>8120894
this is in response to a post about ejaculating on someone's face
>>
>>8121093
How so? You won't answer me.
>>
You have it all wrong. For one, you don't get to choose what is your masterpiece, history does that. For example, Voltaire didn't think Candide was his best work, but it's his most well known today. Secondly, you should not be sitting there trying to write a masterpiece, you will be disappointed in whatever you write thinking like that, you should just sit down to write. Once you start to write you will develop different style and come to understand what you like about your writing and what you don't. And eventually if you just write enough, even if it is absolute utter garbage at first you will get better with time and maybe one of your books will be looked at as a masterpiece.

Also that fucking ugly cunt in your picture makes me want to never sleep with another woman again and to whore my butt off to men. Ugly bitch. Makes me so mad.
>>
>>8121208
First part: Solid advice.

Second part: Watch your fucking mouth.
>>
>>8120853
Best thing for you is to go to college, get through creative writing courses on short story workshops, then go on to grad school. Grad school is where they teach novel writing.
>>
>>8120853
pfft, you have it easy. i can't read
>>
>>8121294
I'm 30 bruh
>>
>>8121312
It's never too late.
>>
How do you write stuff without feeling self conscious about how you're being a pretentious dork

This is a serious question
>>
>>8121417
alcohol
>>
>>8121040
Everything IN THE UNIVERSE, we are talking about THE ACTUAL UNIVERSE.
>>
>>8121421
This. It also helps your writing flow more gracefully (obviously long-hand, you probably wouldn't be able to read it the next day). I find my own buzzed writing much funnier or sadder than my sober writing.
>>
>>8120853
she's so beautiful
>>
>>8121040
>So far everything has been proven to conform to causality
well, that's the way the universe manifests in human consciousness, but human consciousness doesn't grasp the entirety of the universe
>>
>>8121775
thanks i'll let her know
>>
>>8121948
John Boyega?
>>
>>8120853
>writing for money
why?
>>
I'm going to write a big dicked book. I didn't realize until now but shit, I have a lot of stories to tell.
>>
>>8120853
yeah, cleared off half a year for being a neet and just writing
wrote fifty pages of an enjoyable book but with no structure whatsoever
started studying engineering because i have decaded more of training ahead of me and i need to eat in the meantime.

feels kinda like a copout, honestly. like i should have just kept writing and work shitty jobs and starve.
decisions are hard.
>>
File: infinite_sorrow.png (3 MB, 1456x1692) Image search: [Google]
infinite_sorrow.png
3 MB, 1456x1692
Opposite problem

>Know how to write
>Don't know how to come up with stories

Give me your ideas and I'll write them up for a fee.
>>
>>8122119
Write a novelization of the film Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Saphire.
>>
>>8122119
role playing games were made for you my friend.
>>
Please do not describe my life in such a flippant manner.
>>
>>8120853
Read more, write more. There's nothing else you can really do other than more esoteric shit that may or may not work. Ambition is good but only if you don't take it to the point of absurdity. Don't spend more than a year or two on any first novel, it's always going to be more of a learning experience than a "real" work. You should try to make it as good as you can, yes, but don't start chasing magnum opuses or trying to write a doorstop as your first book. It's practically never worth it, and you'll most likely look back at it thinking it could've been a lot better or even that your original idea wasn't that good.
>>
>>8120894
get out, freud
>>
Chances are, if you "want to be a writer", you're just a loser who thought he was too much of a special snowflake to get a real job, without actually having the talent to create anything worth reading.
>>
I've met a lot of people who want to be writers and they're all disgusting... they're much more concerned with having a prestigious profession that's not very demanding than with making great art, and they inevitably have more in common with Stephen King than with Shakespeare

They're bug people for whom literature is just something to pay the bills

kill yourselves, you filthy animals
>>
If it was easy, you would have done it by now.

Actually, if it was easy, everyone would have done it by now. It would be a banality.
>>
>>8120853
>Anyone else dealt with this situation?

the whole /lit/ you piece of shit, everyday there is some retard asking this, jesus christ
>>
Sometimes I imagine how many excellent works we lost because the writer thought it was garbage and just erased it all...
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.