[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Peregrine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Is there a torrent of this anywhere? I really want to read it.
>>
http://libgen.io/ads.php?md5=ECA54D210A554FBD4074E9B68129EB1F
>>
>>8119805
Thanks, anon. Now, if only I was not so retarded so I could figure out how to open a file with a filetype "File".
>>
Not a torrent but
http://bookzz.org/book/2477192/2abac6
Looks like there's some other stuff included, too.
>>
>>8120001
Ah, yes, this works.

Thank you anons!
>>
>>8119798
What's it about anyway? I always see this bird book in bookstores and never really pay attention to it other than going "huh, there's that bird book".
>>
>>8120049
It's a bird watchers journal.
Literally.
He looks for Falcons. He finds them. He describes the weather, the surroundings, the prey and the hunt. Then he goes home and does the same thing the next day.

The prose is exceptional though.

And it's strange how intensely he identifies with the peregrines. It is repetitive but I'm glad I read it.
>>
>>8120049
It's a bird watchers journal.
Literally.
He looks for Falcons. He finds them. He describes the weather, the surroundings, the prey and the hunt. Then he goes home and does the same thing the next day.

The prose is exceptional though.

And it's strange how intensely he identifies with the peregrines. It is repetitive but I'm glad I read it.
>>
How is the the Goshawk? Also good?
>>
File: 70686.jpg (103 KB, 477x648) Image search: [Google]
70686.jpg
103 KB, 477x648
>>8119798
Birdcore? Birdcore.

>ywn be ruled by an tyrannical alcoholic duck
>>
>>8120068
>>8120102
That sounds very strange but in a potentially interesting way. I guess I'll put it on my backlog.
>>
the prose is really good but might be a bit too much for some
>>
>>8120210
John Hawk(es) is my favorite author. Has anyone read this book? I eventually want to get it along with the rest of his stuff but this one seems hard to find offline.
>>
Am I the only non-british person that found this difficult to read because of the detailed images it paints of British landscapes and bird? I simply couldn't grasp it in my mind.
>>
i read it in the spring on year

i sat on a lawn chair in the middle of the day so i could get the closest i could to actually being undisturbed in an english pasture

it was a meaningful experience
>>
>>8120238
Oh wait, they're both in "Lunar Landscapes". I guess that's why this isn't printed anymore. Though this being Hawkes, I'm not sure if Lunar Landscapes is in print either.
>>
>>8121362
You can google these things nowdays anon
>>
I've seen Werner Herzog recommend it as a single book you have to read if you want to make films. Him being one of my favorite directors, I just have to do it, even if it doesn't make sense. Yeah, I only know that it's about one man who watches some falcons for so long that he starts to experience metamorphosis in his inner self, or something like that.
>>
File: 18803640.jpg (48 KB, 295x475) Image search: [Google]
18803640.jpg
48 KB, 295x475
>>8122141
>>8119798
>>8120068
Will pick up

Anyone read pic related?
>>
>>8119955
It's a mobi file you fucking moron
>>
>>8123408
My mind just jumped to a really silly world where Sue Grafton wrote a murder mystery where the hawk did it.
>>
>>8123514
FUND IT
>>
>>8120210
>ywn drink magical whiskey and hunt boar and build fence posts
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.