[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the text is 1/3 of the page >the footnotes are 2/3 the page fug
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 20160603_152128.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160603_152128.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>the text is 1/3 of the page
>the footnotes are 2/3 the page
fug
>>
>>8119294
I have The Alastair folwer paradise lost from the library and it's the same for this. And that's good.
>>
>>8119294
oxford books do it so the notes are at the back of the book after the main text.
which is unspeakably frustrating and annoying and why would anyone do this god dammit fuck my shit
>>
>>8119298
God-tier edition. His comments on metre and Latin constructions are great.
>>
>>8119303
the fucking WORST.
I hate having to read with my fingers interlaced between what I'm currently reading and the annotations in the back, flipping back and forth, breaking the flow and getting all lost and shit.
>>
>>8119303
>>8119335

Truly REEEEEEEEEEEEEE-inducing.
>>
>>8119294
I have an edition of Against Method, where an entire page is just a footnote. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>8119294
What edition of the book is that?
>>
>>8119527
http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Lost-Modern-Library-Classics/dp/0375757961
this one
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.