[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anxiety thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I'm curious of perspectives outside of my own so, anxiety thread. Share your experiences.

Reason I ask is because I'm writing about self deprecative insecurity, and the resulting anxiety. Sometimes self consciousness can be crippling to the point that you narcissistically become obsessed with hating and analysing yourself. Typically, my social anxiety doesn't manifest in the midst of conversation (although it can), but rather in an aftermath of contemplation. If you've ever had a drunken stupor of introspection then you know the feeling.

Also any recommendations on books with themes of anxiety would be great.

Two great works on this kind of thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Ri76UodWM (Kendrick Lamar - u)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HtZ2M4e_AM (Charlie Kaufman - Adaptation)
>>
The problem is thinking.

It can't, therefore, be solved with thinking.

There are ways to control and stop thinking. You have to find them.

It's called professional help.
>>
>>8117747
Personally not looking for help, but I appreciate it. Just intrigued by anxiety and am curious about other people here opening up with their encounters with it in general.
>>
>>8117753
Enjoy your drama.
>>
Hermann Ungar - The Maimed
>>
Try the book Push, a novelization of the film Precious: Based the Novel Push by Sapphire.
>>
>>8117738
Anxiety is the dread you feel at having unlimited freedom
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.