[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Analytic philosophy and Continental philosophy are both useless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Wittgenstein.jpg (55 KB, 701x559) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein.jpg
55 KB, 701x559
Analytic philosophy and Continental philosophy are both useless horseshit, but at least Continental is fun to read.

t. engineering student
>>
>useless
there's that word again
>>
>use
why is 'use' good
>>
>>8117380

I didn't say use was good.

Why are /lit/faggots so shit at thinking?
>>
>>8117385
You implied it
>>
>>8117389

No.
>>
>says something is useless
>immediately says it's useful the next clause
You're not very good at this.
>>
>>8117394
>immediately says it's useful the next clause

No.
>>
McFucking End Yourself OP
>>
>>8117414

Nice meme. Stay dumb.
>>
>>8117421
ur a beeg brain guy
>>
>>8117360
>t. engineering student
if you had said literally anything else I may have replied seriously to this post lmao get a life you fucking virgin <3
>>
>i cant use it
>it is therefore useless
>fun

ok, read it for fun and keep doing your work.
>>
I hear you. They are not useless, they're just not marketable, they have very little exchange value in today's capitalist society. Continental philosophy thus degrades itself into verbiose literature for leisure of the bourgeosie, while analytic philosophy is spinning in an endless loop of new "sexy" articles on philosophical puzzles and thus reduces itself to a confusing game of mental sudoku. Each in it's own way feeds the publishing machinery with more and more paper rubish.
>>
>>8117385
you used the words "useless horseshit".

"horseshit" is commonly used to describe something as bad, a.k.a "not good".

you used "useless" and "horseshit" together, thus heavily implying that "useless" is "not good".

why are engineers so shit at using language?
>>
>>8117427
4 u
>>
So computers are 'useless'? Okay....
>>
>>8117360

>>>/sci/
>>
Nobody is telling OP what a fuckwit he is for not understanding philosophy, so I'll do it.

An engineer applies his science to his work. He doesn't just study theorems propounded by previous, brilliant minds and talks to people about the different interpretations of said theorems. The merit of taking engineering classes in college is not just to say you took them, like some vain dickhead. It's because you eventually want to learn the practice, the application of the discipline of engineering.

Philosophy is the same way. Praxis, you fucking ignoramus. The philosopher lives, and thus comes the theory. Information is merely information unless it has been applied, then it becomes experience. Some theorize more than they have lived, others lived more than they wrote. A sharp enough intellect, the philosophical disposition, the courage to actually live by what you say and to wield philosophy as a modality - these are what make the philosopher.
>>
>>8118819
Clearly you don't understand philosophy either.
>>
>>8117360

>t. engineering student

Stupid question but where does this originate from? e.g. t. [type of person]
>>
>>8118859
Finnish, something like "tervistta", basically meaning "greetings"
>>
>>8118859
it's from finnish like >>8119969 said

it's usually how you finish messages or letters if the sender isn't immediately apparent or you wish to use some kind of expression like "t. your faithful friend" etc.

the original word is "terveisin", and its meaning is close to "regards"

I have no idea why it has become a meme
>>
>>8119969
>>8120954

Thank you for the clarification. All of the sudden I kept seeing it everywhere...
>>
It's not really surprising an engineer wouldn't understand philosophical utility, but hey, I can't blame you, engineers aren't really educated in thinking.

t. physics and critical theory double major
>>
File: 1452373556330.jpg (133 KB, 717x508) Image search: [Google]
1452373556330.jpg
133 KB, 717x508
I know the ocean.

t. a frog in a well
>>
>>8118751
sharp answer here
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.