[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /literature/ think of this book and Author?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: red dragon.jpg (69 KB, 760x1142) Image search: [Google]
red dragon.jpg
69 KB, 760x1142
What does /literature/ think of this book and Author?
>>
>>8117180
Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs are pretty good, the rest of the Hannibal series is shit. Just like the movies
>>
This is almost irrelevant and belongs on /tv/, but of the two films based on Red Dragon (book), Manhunter by far superior to Red Dragon (film)
>>
Just watch the show "Hannibal" and read something else.
>>
>>8117767
>>8117813
>>8118471
>I prefer the movie

I've truly arrived at /lit/.
>>
It's good. As is Hannibal. As is Silence of the Lambs.
>>
>>8118568
The first poster is not telling you to "just like the movies", rather he is saying that Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs are the only good installments, much like the respective entries in the movie series.
>>
>>8117180
He is very a very decent writer compared to other detective thriller authors in the same way Anne Rice is better with vampires or Stephen King is better with horror.

You know what they say: in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
>>
>>8118617
What a strange way to live your life. If you really tried, you could probably start enjoying reading if you stepped away from that stack of philosophy essays for a bit.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.