[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
books, essays, articles ect. that can convince a person to kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: 1406160577175.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1406160577175.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
books, essays, articles ect. that can convince a person to kill themselves?

existing between wanting to die (not enough to do it) and wanting to live (not enough either) is painful. I've heard out the pro-living side for a while and its all lies or "life sucks but accept it". It's clear life isnt worth the trouble but i cant bring myself to the final step
>>
The Qu'ran.
>>
Find a meaning, anon. Even if it's to shitpost all day.
>>
the bible
>>
>>8115384
I will not countenance your life-cult
>>
>>8115389
Its kind of a subjective matter whether or not the bible expressly proscribes suicide. Clearly murders categorically different than suicide.
>>
>>8115384
I dont shitpost and thats no meaning. I think itd be quite meaningful to kill myself. the world is overpopulated and id be doing my part to lessen the burden. thing is, its really hard. i want some trick to surpass this silly survival instinct. we both know if all you do is shitpost the world is better off without you, the world is better off without people at all
>>
just do something else instead
>>
>>8115360
That image gets to me, anon.
>>
>>8115399
I know you won't believe me. But, I think it'd be easier if you were a woman. I know that my promise never to reproduce never helped me out because I find the process utterly fucking revolting. I hate mostly anyone who goes through with it.

Fighting against something simplistic related to yourself, your emotions, your life experiences, that is what keeps you alive. Anger at things unjust or unfair, or things that piss you off.

The only way to stay alive is to find out what exactly angers you the most, and so you become that.

That's my vague advice that's the opposite of what you want.
>>
Meditate for 2 hours a day, go to the gym every day, sincerely try to get a date (not hard with Internet and apps), get off 4chan, eat healthily, get up at the same time every day, try mdma with a friend supervising if possible and stay inside and go over past experiences that were traumatic to you and try to make sense of them, take a xanax for come down and go to sleep, perhaps take DMT.

Do all of this for/within 6 weeks. If you still feel the same then off yourself, if not, continue. But until then all arguments about living life and it being worthwhile are coming, most likely, from a place of conditioned laziness and apathy which has never been sincerely challenged in any of the ways proven likely to change the view. Reading conspiracy against human race when low is just masturbating over being 'right' about being a puss, it's completely contrary to the 'I'm so smart I see through it all' feeling people look for when reading it.

This'll get heckled because the latter disposition is that of everyone on this board more or less. Do it anyway and then make your decision. I'm positive you haven't come close to doing anything like it before, might as well try before you die
>>
>>8115360
>life sucks
But it's also, like, good
>>
>>8115399
Dude, the world doesn't give a shit either way. The meaning of your suicide will not extend past the people in your life. Those are the only people who will be affected, and I doubt they'll just breathe a sigh of relief for all the overpopulation you fixed by killing one person.
>>
>>8115399
Your life and death are equally meaningless in the grand scale of things.

Why not enjoy what you have now?
>>
>>8115425
>take Mdma, benzos, and DMT

No, this will get heckled because you're recommending a guy to take shit that will likely fuck up his nervous system and neurochemistry.

Go gurn elsewhere druggy
>>
File: La Morphiniste (1897).jpg (47 KB, 442x600) Image search: [Google]
La Morphiniste (1897).jpg
47 KB, 442x600
Life is really easier when it's a mission to end not getting pregnant and sterilizing yourself and telling men to fuck off for as long as possible. It's the only thing holding back my own depression.
>>
>>8115464
oy vey
>>
>>8115425
fuck that noise
>>
>>8115471
???
>>
>>8115464
He's already going to kill himself otherwise. None of these drugs will 'fuck up his nervous system and neuro chemistry' as you would know if you knew anything about the reality of drugs rather than the goto mentality of all drugs are bad except the ones which keep me alive and alcohol
>>
>>8115419
> I know that my promise never to reproduce never helped me out... I hate mostly anyone who goes through with it.
it doesnt but it helps the world out. adopt or date some sexy chick who hs kids when you want one. no overpopulation contribution, tons of respect from everyone.
> Fighting against something simplistic related to yourself, your emotions, your life experiences, that is what keeps you alive. Anger at things unjust or unfair, or things that piss you off.
see... i hate this kind of life but its ll that im able to do, if i didnt live this way id hate myself but its nonstop suffering. the world doesnt want me here & i dont want to be here
>>8115442
i know they dont. id feel better knowing i did my part for what i believe in, protecting the environment
>>8115425
ive had fun with my life but at the end of the day its not worth the work. if life is suffering & occasional escape why go on? btw your realizations on psychs are delusions, been there, done that
>>
>>8115490
No, I mean I'm a woman and I don't want to get pregnant. I don't want that shit near me in a trillion billion years, it's revolting, and I've dedicated myself to some kind of radical feminism. That's given my life some form of meaning. I'm saying there's always something personal to you, or others you can empathize with, to grow ideals around fighting for. This is just how I find the easiest way to live, fighting for something.
>>
>>8115489
>they can't fuck up nervous/neural system

Lad stop talking out of your suppository filled arse.

You know fucking nothing about the shit drugs can cause; you're still young and rebellious, sure, but until you get through the goto attitude of "fuck you mum", try to avoid taking drugs to impress your mates
>>
If all else fails get a Xanax prescription. It take time to work towards, but at least try some Xan before you off yourself. Wonderful stuff.
>>
>>8115490
You're more or less proving the point. 'Life is suffering' is a subjective truth, one which registers in different ways depending on the legacy of your past experiences and many other factors.

What you do is down to you, all I'm saying is this idea that 'I've seen what life is, I've figured it out so I'm ending it' is simply laziness, naivety and stubbornness. Not any sort of real realisation
>>
>>8115539
This. I mean ugh, so trendy, such mellow, such wow.

If you enjoy xanax, I recommend the works of Tao Lin, he's a genius and he's great to read while taking some xan or klonopin.

Straight edge faggots just won't understand his genius. Sorry not sorry.
>>
>>8115522
Jesus, just do some research next time instead of getting so annoyed about people calling you out about not really knowing what you're talking about
>>
>>8115548
no I mean get a xanax prescription if you're depressed this badly. It's medical help. Calm down.
>>
>>8115554
Really bad advice. Benzodiazepines are a nightmare.
>>
>>8115569
Yes and being right on the border of suicide instead is of course, not a nightmare.
>>
>>8115575
OP is bluffing, obviously.
>>
>>8115554
>xanax for depression
You've got a shit doctor. Find one who prescribes anti-depressants rather than anxiety drugs.

>>8115549
Shut up ya moolie

There's plenty of studies on the negative side effects of House MD, and Benzos

Look a few up before you can't go a day without reaching for the Benzo Bottle
>>
>>8115360
If you want to kill yourself, why don't you want to kill yourself?
Now's your chance!
I, who greatly love both death and life,
Would kill myself too, if I dared kill myself...
If you dare, then be daring!
What good to you is the changing picture of outer images
We call the world?

What good is this cinema of hours played out
By actors with stock roles and gestures,
This colorful circus of our never-ending drive to keep going?
What good is your inner world which you don't know?
Kill yourself, and maybe you'll finally know it...
End it all, and maybe you'll begin...

If you're weary of existing, at least
Be noble in your weariness,
And don't, like me, sing of life because you're drunk,
Don't, like me, salute death through literature!
>>
>>8115585
I have severe anxiety and manic depression.
>>
>>8115592
Then you're doctor did a good job of giving you anxiety medication.

Benzos aren't a good idea for good old clinical depression. Wellbutrin would be a well better idea.
>>
>>8115595
Excuse me what are you doing
>>
>>8115602
Most people with really awful depression also have an anxiety problem, they go hand in hand and fuel each other.
>>
>>8115360
There's a bit of lore around Hedayat's Blind Owl that it made readers in Iran suicidal

worth a shot, at the very worst it doesn't convince you but you still read a very good book
>>
Philipp Mainländer's philosophy
>>
>>8115542
it is subjective but its based on looking honestly into the ways of the world. i think especially for me & people like me. im not going to try to convince you but it sure seems like science & history tell us human nature is horrible, nature in general.
>>8115539
>>8115548
the concept that taking drugs everyday will somehow make me think clearer is obvious delusion
>>8115554
see ^, plus i dont want to just ignore tht my life isnt worth living. fuck meds, nobody likes the mentally ill anyway. one more reason to die
>>8115575
im scared ill be in that state forever on meds, most people i know on meds are apathetic, not happy
>>8115583
i thought here would be the one place to give me the help i want, no one is though
>>8115614
>>8115619
thanks ill check it out
>>
>>8115611
Ay, but a benzo is for calming you down during panic attacks or when your legs go supershaker mode and your eyes open like an owls.

They aren't meant for depression, which should be treated with treatments meant for depression.
>>
>>8115595
You ok?
>>
>>8115611
Benzos should not be taken for more than 7-10 days, maximum. They are a short-term treatment.
>>
File: Portrait of head.jpg (46 KB, 542x800) Image search: [Google]
Portrait of head.jpg
46 KB, 542x800
>>8115653
Shouldn't people like this get banned. Shouldn't this be a bannable offense, it's just obnoxious.
>>
I think we need to redefine to ourselves the meaning of the word 'happiness'.
>>
>>8115674
Stumbling on happiness by Dan Gilbert does a good job. Though it's surprisingly quite a subversive book. Also it's not self help just fyi
>>
Is someone literally deleting individual posts in this thread and not the whole thread?
>>
File: 1460637073570.jpg (80 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
1460637073570.jpg
80 KB, 640x539
Just a click away from jannah
>>
>>8115718
>>8115382
ment for
>>
>>8115425
Those don't sound like ways to help him commit suicide anon :^)
>>
>>8115503
You suck. The only reason you should not reproduce is the gross iniquity of creating new consciousness.
>>
File: 1464931468721.jpg (16 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
1464931468721.jpg
16 KB, 550x412
>>8115399
>I dont shitpost
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.