[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Schopenhauer came back to life what would he say about Nietzsche's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Schopenhauer_1852.jpg (270 KB, 806x1024) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer_1852.jpg
270 KB, 806x1024
If Schopenhauer came back to life what would he say about Nietzsche's philosophy?
>>
He'd say Nietzsche's a charlatan.
>>
>>8115088

Pic related.

On a more serious note, they had a lot in common; Nietzsche clearly respected Schopenhauer. I don't think the former effectively rebuked the latter's pessimism, however.

Good try, though.
>>
>>8115104

Superficially, they had a lot in common. Both had an autistic dislike of Nationalism/Patriotism, for example.

There was a big difference between their deeper tenets, however; Will to Live vs Will to Power, etc.
>>
File: Heh.jpg (203 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
Heh.jpg
203 KB, 800x1067
>>8115088

Nietzsche's spiel about the 'mixing of blood'/etc would probably bug him. Like >>8115134 said, I'm guessing he'd take issue with the Will to Power; on account of it being too presumptuous, for one.

If not Nietzsche, however, who is Schopenhauer's heir?
>>
>>8115144
>who is Schopenhauer's heir?
r9k
>>
>>8115144
>Schopenhauer's heir?
Cioran? Michelstaedter?
>>
>>8115144
Wittgenstein or Freud.
>>
I want to get in touch with meme philosophers.

Which books should I read first by Schopenhauer?

Which books should I read first by Evola?
>>
>>8115330
Evola isn't worth reading even as a joke. If you consider it, I will not be your friend.
>>
>>8115337
Not even one book? I want to keep an open mind. Please don't abandon me
>>
>>8115350
Even one book. We need not to go back to the age of Evolaposters.
>>
>>8115330
Read Schopenhauer's Essay and Aphorisms first -- there's a cheap condensed Penguin edition available or you can purchase the two volume Parerga and Parapilomena set which is uncondensed. From there go onto The Fourfold Principle and finally The World as Will and Representation.

For Evola read Path of Cinnabar followed by Yoga of Power, The Doctrine of Awakening and The Hermetic Tradition then finally read Introduction to Magic when you are fully prepared.
>>
>>8115378
>For Evola

Stopped reading here
>>
File: image.jpg (441 KB, 815x777) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
441 KB, 815x777
>>8115381
>dismissing a brilliant thinker because of his associations with fascism
awful open-minded, aren't you?
>>
>>8115144
Mainlander, unquestionably
>>
>>8115416
what does open minded have anything to do with it. I am utterly close minded towards anything but facts, and the 20th century is certainly filled with better surveyors of them than the cultist.
>>
>>8115088
This madman has stolen my philosophy and pathetically tacked a superman onto it!
>>
>>8115416
retard phoneposter
>>
>>8115275
Holy shit, someone on here actually knows about Michelstaedter. Love you, anon.
>>
why do I imagine this guy speaking in a grumbly voice with a long british drag on it and sounding half way through his sentences as if he's choking on a penis, as if he can barely choke back his breath enough to enunciate with that heavy aristocratic pretentious accent?
>>
>>8115513
Bang-on. it be would be pretentious how though exactly? Guy was the real deal
>>
>>8115523
I couldn't think of another word. I was using it as more a colloquial term, not literally meaning he's pretentious.
>>
>>8115540
Autism flaring up, apologies
>>
>>8115435
Evola is more a mystic than a cultist. He speaks of perennial philosophy. Global philosophy. And sees a certain tradition. Although I do not believe (or disbelieve) it to be epistemologically valid, it does seem to have some phenomenological validity in the practices. Then again I am a schizophrenic who has been practicing occultic spiritual techniques since childhood.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.