[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
as a struggling writer I find this book highly offensive. his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 71NCMDhfzzL.jpg (225 KB, 800x1238) Image search: [Google]
71NCMDhfzzL.jpg
225 KB, 800x1238
as a struggling writer I find this book highly offensive. his first book is a giant fuck you to pretty much all artists and critics. I can see why he wasn't more popular.
>>
>>8115046
Most very successful people in the arts are narcissistic. Narcissists are also good at knowing that they're narcissists. If you can't handle being called a narcissist, then you probably aren't cut out to be an artist.
>>
>>8115046
As a struggling artiste myself, I think you're a pussy queer and that Willie G was absolutely right about everything in this book.
>>
>>8115064
I can't even finish this book. every time otto talks to someone they think he's gay or he plagiarized his play.

do they think he plagiarized it because it's good or because he quotes wyatt (who is usually quoting someone else)
>>
>>8115046
>offended by a book
just step a way from the book man, stop reading it, retard.
>>
>>8115100
They haven't actually read it, but the snippets we're shown demonstrate that it's not really worth reading. You could feel sorry for him for getting caught up with vapid people, but he's only getting back exactly what he gives since he's all bluster and affectation himself.
>>
I only have one question...who was Ludy?
>>
>>8115125
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Being Offended by a Book Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Book Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha
>>
>>8115046
>as a struggling writer

Get a ducking job
>>
>>8115058
This. you're full of shit, pretentious, obsessed, and delusional. Embrace it.
>>
>>8115392
thanks Tyler
>>
>>8115392
thank you
>>
>>8115046
fire the bastard op
>>
File: 1464396675793.png (596 KB, 800x466) Image search: [Google]
1464396675793.png
596 KB, 800x466
>>8115046
Grow the fuck up and practice the craft and maybe you can go from struggling writer (of what, you never specified) to successful.

Despite what 4chan faggots think you can be insightful and provide something worthwhile to the world that's good even if it isn't a masterpiece.

You don't have to intentionally write shit either. But you will if you get offended by what some faggot with his head up his ass thinks OP.
>>
>>8116628
>Gaddis
>some faggot with his head up his ass
Spoken like a true tard. None of the things he says about "creative" types in the book are untrue or inaccurate.
>>
>>8116649
Never read Gaddis, but my point was that getting offended by anyone is just weak, and if you go around talking about people like your opinions are fact that leaves you with your head up your ass.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.