[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you take notes while reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
>Why or Why not /lit/?
>>
sometimes
>>
>>8114928
I'll often type in my phone memorable quotes as well as thoughts that occur to me in the midst of reading. I can be fairly forgetful, so it's nice to be able to hold on to ideas and feelings I might want to express later. But I don't often write down notes for the sake of bettering my comprehension or memory of a work, if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>8114941
Great answer senpai. Great answer.
>>
>>8114941
If you ever feel like buying and e-reader most will allow you to highlight text and save it in a collection of quotes.

as for op's question if it's my own copy, which is usually a pre-owned paperback, then I often highlight, underline, or make notes while reading.
>>
>>8114928
When my phone wasnt a broken piece of shit I would type notes on it and then use those to annotate the book when it was done days later. It refreshed my memory on it and I'm able to connect things and pick up on other subtleties.

Now I just carry a piece of paper and mark whatever sentences or thoughts on the pages and write them and annotate later. It's a good memory exercise and it feels like Im rereading and absorbing all the KNAWLEDGE.
>>
>>8114941
I do this too. Then when I'm bored and want something for my brain to chew on or if I'm alone at the bar I'll pull out my phone and read through memorable quotes and aphorisms.
>>
Only with textbooks

Don't see a point doing it with literature, unless you're a lit major.
>>
>>8115135
this. if you're reading for enjoyment you have all the time in the world to think about themes and let them resonate with you over time. if you're a lit major you have to write notes/marginalia to keep track of the hundreds of pages you're reading per class. you don't have the leisure of letting things develop over time - you have to rapidly identify them
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.