[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a philosophical theory and method that may destroy all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: wee-bey-gif.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
wee-bey-gif.gif
2 MB, 288x288
I have a philosophical theory and method that may destroy all knowledge of which we know.

How do I get it out there, without it being stolen and with some help?

(I'm being entirely serious.)
>>
Take your medicine
>>
>>8113968
I'll tell you a sure way to do it. It's quite easy, it's a service that lets you post whater the hell it is you want to post in an article fashion, but it'll cost you $5 U.S. and it'll advertise it to as many Facebook and Blogspot Sceince and philosophy related users and groups. (i'm being enitrely serious)

But first you gotta post a picture of your self with a shoe on your head.
>>
YouTube
>>
>>8113978
>>8113981
>>8115257

all of these
>>
File: 1462859002719.png (131 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
1462859002719.png
131 KB, 400x346
>>8113968

Print out a copy of your thesis and mail it to yourself. Then submit it to journals and magazines. You could even make a blog or post it here for "peer review."
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>8113968
Post it here, and if it survives /lit/ without being torn to shreds you may be on to something.
But I honestly doubt that it will remain in tact for longer than a few minutes.
>>
>>8113968
How much philosophy have you read OP? Destroying certainty has been the preoccupation of philosophers from the pre-Socratics to the Post-Structuralists. What makes you so sure that you came up with something new? There are already quite a few convincing radical skeptic arguments, including quite a few put forward by contemporary authors from many traditions.

Politeness aside, shouldn't you finish High School before becoming a philosopher?
>>
>capable of ending philosophy
>incapable of getting published
wew lads
>>
Destroying knowledge (of which we know - isn't that a tautology??) really isn't that hard - it's been done countless times throughout the history of philosophy. The trouble is reassembeling a belief in a coherent sense of "knowledge-in-spite-of".
I think you should just post it and be shredded.
>>
>>8113968

hint: it's a lame refutation of the truth of logic
>>
>inb4 u cant no nuffin
>>
>>8116010
Prove you can know anything
>>
>>8116016
I know that 1+1=2
>>
>>8116016
define can, know, and anything
>>
>>8116023
How do you know that?
>>
File: jew okay emoji.jpg (10 KB, 236x318) Image search: [Google]
jew okay emoji.jpg
10 KB, 236x318
>>8113968
>proprietary philosophy
>>
>>8116023
axioms are stated, not known
>>
>>8116031
I was taught that in school. Now it resides encoded in my long-term memory, occasionally returning to my working memory when I'm using this knowledge.
>>
>>8113968
Boy, I sure hope its another one of those trolley problems.
>>
>>8113968
Honestly I laughed out loud. Thanks.
>>
>>8116060
1+1=2 is a theorem, not an axiom.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.