[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what book was it where one of the characters has a diabetic or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1446592142508.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446592142508.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
what book was it where one of the characters has a diabetic or epileptic seizure of some sort getting into or out of a taxi?
i feel like it was the main character's brother or some estranged friend/family member, also that it is written from the perspective of the person having the attack and all we get is fragmentary dialogue from the people trying to restrain him

something tells me it might have been Infinite Jest or Underworld but i haven't read either in a while

i apologize if this isn't from a book and i am remembering a scene from something faggy like a movie or an anime or video game
>>
>>8113267

Poor Tony Krause from IJ, in a bus
>>
>>8113273
are you sure? that doesn't sound right to me ...

i remember poor tony dopesick and shitting his pants, is this separate?
>>
>>8113276

That's another part. He goes into a seizure from alcohol withdrawal after spending days in a public bathroom trying to ease his heroin withdrawal with codeine/alcohol cough syrup, AFAIR. He has visions of his father, I think, and nearly swallows his tongue.
>>
>>8113293
i can't seem to find this
i'm also not convinced it was poor tony

maybe i dreamt this passage
>>
>>8113336
You should write it, then. It's an intriguing concept.
>>
bumpppp
>>
???
>>
>>8113267
that sounds a little bit like the opening chapter with Hal being restrained by the college staff
>>
>>8116820
it does, it aint tho

i recall distinctly someone getting into/out of a taxi
and im thinking it wasnt infinite jest
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.