[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trust Issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: download (1).jpg (8 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8 KB, 225x224
I lost my kindle fire a few months ago and have yet to replace it. It isn't that big of a deal because I like physical copies anyway, and I have several semi-competent to above-average used book stores in my area. I also wouldn't be too concerned if I could still frequent the decent libraries in my 'city' (Albuquerque), but a youthful indiscretion from the 90's prohibits me from obtaining a library card.

What I'm wondering is which of the online sites offering 'free' pdfs if you join up (of course with the option to cancel after you get your free book) are reputable. I'm nervous about giving out my info just to get the new Jack Ketchum, John Connolly, and Joe Hill books just because they don't carry them in my 3rd-world country of a town. I also wouldn't mind a few books from Palladin Press.

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding which of these sites are legit? I could order the newest books by the aforementioned scribes from Hastings but it would probably be cheaper just to buy another kindle. I'd rather just get them free on a trial basis via pdf, and either cancel upon reciept or continue the service if I'm blown away by it.

Help me out here guys.
>>
File: library b&.png (121 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
library b&.png
121 KB, 500x396
>free pdfs
>reputable

Why not just use libgen or whatever the copyright infringement people are using these days?

Also was this you?

>http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-banned-libraries-earth-article-1.1289988
>>
>>8113063
read the sticky how to pirate books; basically you either use a pirate library like libgen, or a pirate irc, or a torrent, neither of those asks your info and usually doesn't even need a registration
>>
>>8113106
Since I've lost my kindle, I've downloaded on my phone Dancing in the Glory of Monsters, Programmed to Kill, Hunter, Brave New World, and On Writing without any problems. Other than Hunter (which was even more ridiculous than TD), they were all nonfiction. When I try to get Hill's The Fireman or Connoly's Song of Shadows, I get these knockoff 'Give us your cc#, but we won't charge you if you cancel within a month' bullshits. Now I assume that some of these sites are reputable, because similar sites dealing with other media exist and flourish. I'm mostly thinking of hbogo, but I'm certain there are other examples.

I just don't know who exactly to trust, because no one fucking reads anymore and any site I encounter could either be the best site for readers in the world or a giant cactus up the ass.

I'm fairly new to rhe internet. Vpn tor hacker bullshit might be on the horizon for me, but for now I just want to read some fucking books they don't carry in this miserable ghosttown. I just don't want to get raped after putting out my cc number. I got enough of that in prison.
>>
>>8113074
Libgen?
>>
>>8113129
>brave new world
>non-fiction

w e w l a s s
>>
>>8113139
1984 is technically fiction as well. Sometimes I forget the median age around here. I'll try to be more literal from here on so as not to furthur confuse you.
>>
File: 1428471602421.jpg (160 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1428471602421.jpg
160 KB, 499x499
>>8113147
Are you 14 years old
>>
>>8113147
my favourite non-fiction book is le karamazov

le plebs don't le understand XD
>>
>>8113135
Library Genesis. The url changes a lot but it's something like gen.lib.rus.ec
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.