[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some modern, really funny books that I could read? just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
what are some modern, really funny books that I could read? just finished Confederacy of Dunces, and it was great!
>>
>>8113020
my diary tbqh
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 332x443
Next to confederacy pic related made me chuckle the most

It's not good literature but it's funny
>>
>>8113020
i though catch 22 was pretty funny, but it also has very dark moments
>>
Your working boy wouldn't be able to attempt to organize sodomites into a political party for peace, while wearing a pirate costume in a book written today.

The book's made immensely sadder by the context of the author, who feels unappreciated as an author in the same way Ignatius was. you can't help but imagine he saw himself like the disgusting figure of Ignatius
>>
>>8113020
>>8113358
Confederacy of Dunces is legitimately hilarious.

Catch-22 has its good points, but is lmao fedora humor, that was mostly hilarious for the 60s, but not so much now.
>>
>>8113358
This
Catch 22 is fucking hilarious. It's nonsense to the max, but it's organized and well-planned nonsense that makes some salient points. Yeah, it's also pretty dark and sad, but it's a great laugh too. I find books with this great balance to be pretty rare.
>>
>>8113358
>>8113654
you guys sounds dumb. most of what makes catch 22 funny has been subsumed by popular culture everywhere.
>>
>>8113662
So what? You need something that's completely untouched? Why?
And no u faggot.
>>
Lucky Jim cracked me up
>>
>>8113669
bc it hasn't aged that well, but fedoras praise it like it's the crown of all modern comedy novels (it is not).
>>
>>8113693
Still one of the funniest books I've read.

Tristram Shandy is hilarious as well.
>>
>>8113772
i'm the catch22 hater

tristram shandy has my love, but modern it ain't!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.