[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monthly reminder that this abomination happened.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 28282177.jpg (38 KB, 318x454) Image search: [Google]
28282177.jpg
38 KB, 318x454
Monthly reminder that this abomination happened.
>>
>>8111512
I'm new. What is it?
>>
>>8111515
I'll break it down. The final quarter of last year witnessed a lot of Googledocs projects trying to recreate the Totalitarian book (or make a sequel, either). These efforts were almost always met with hecklers and people who'd delete all the effort out of spite (some people thought it was in accord with something called anarchic-synergism which they dubbed their "movement"). Miraculously, the book you see before you managed to reach a good 400 pages and was published by the end of December.

There are other /lit/ projects similar, but I forget which.
>>
>>8111526
Wrong
>>8111515
It's reddit: the book. someone posted about it on r/4chan and Reddit came here and "helped"
it's shit and legacy of totalitarianism was shit but it was original shit
it's better than photos of David Foster Wallace or whatever the next "project" was
>>
>>8111610
>and Reddit came here and "helped"
But the book was already published by the time they came.
>>
>>8111610
>legacy of totalitarianism was shit but it was original shit

some of the funnest weeks I've had writing on the internet were those weeks. I have a physical copy and markers on the passages I added.

Good times.

Then all the people who harassed the project got jealous and started making even shittier projects.

SAD
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.