[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on Jean-Paul Sartre and his work. Both political essays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Opinions on Jean-Paul Sartre and his work.

Both political essays and his existentialist/nihilist fiction .

I much prefer philosophic essays but It is hard for me to to understand how such an eloquent and clever man can justify so much that is clearly evil. He seems to believe that violence and terrorism are a rational response to the Wests potential for violence.

And his fiction while very Beckett-esque lacks the humor or the tragic scene of Beckett . Also Once you’ve established that life is completely meaningless there isn’t really anywhere to go after that. Except that Sartre tried to fuse it with Marxism for some reason.
>>
>>8108799

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co7TqAJTBWM
>>
>>8108799

>Opinions on Jean-Paul Sartre

Serial paedophile, along with Simone.

This discredits his work in perpetuity.
>>
>>8108799

>It is hard for me to to understand how such an eloquent and clever man can justify so much that is clearly evil.

The French will say any old shit if they feel it might be shocking enough to turn the disaffected heads of their countrymen.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 160x189) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 160x189
>>8108807
>dismissing him solely on a moral disagreement
>>
>>8108807
>>8109372
>le French philosophers and existentialists are pedophiles meme

Please let it die
>>
God I'm am continually astounded as to how fucking ugly this man is
>>
if anyone can point me towards good criticism of the man ,specifiably 'Being and nothingness', i'd appreciate it.
>>
File: 1460226384306.png (120 KB, 340x351) Image search: [Google]
1460226384306.png
120 KB, 340x351
>>8109382
>>le French philosophers and existentialists are pedophiles meme
Nigga what? I'm pretty sure it's just that Sartre was a pedo.
>>
>>8109425
*specifically (fucking phone)
>>
>>8109428
Nietzsche, Simone, Sartre, Foucault, all have been accused of being a pedophile at some point or another. not sure if its even true but I doubt it when the moral police have a stake in painting them as such.

You type in "Simone De Bouviour pedophile" into google and you get about a dozen "EVIL MARXIST LESBIAN PEDOPHILE FREAK" posts
>>
>>8109428
this "fucking 14 year olds = pedo" is an amerifat meme; nobody else buys it
>>
>>8108799
Personal meaning is by definition, not meaningful.

>philosophy implodes
>>
File: 1448430813621.png (327 KB, 576x566) Image search: [Google]
1448430813621.png
327 KB, 576x566
>>8108799
"[Sartre is] highly dubious and petty-bourgeois in our opinion."
>Fundamentals of revolutionary communism, 1957
>>
>>8109382

Not a meme, in Sartre's case.

Simone groomed school kids and then passed them across to him.

>>8109440

Well, all of those accusations are entirely correct. Funny to watch you squirm and whine about "moral police" when your favourite (shitty) 'new' philosophers are at stake.
>>
>>8108799
>He seems to believe that violence and terrorism are a rational response to the Wests potential for violence.
Well, why do you disagree?
>>
>>8110430
because the potential for violence is a necessary part of democracy . Peace is not a natural state of affairs and is only enforceable by a potential for violence that is at the very least equal to that of those who want to undermine it.
Also for the self evident reason that the potential for violence is not the same as actual violence which is what Sartre often advocated for (especially in the case of Frantz Fanon) .
>>
>>8110349
>he wasn't a REAL Marxist, so his moral failures can't be applied to me personally
Leftists are such cowardly pseuds
>>
pedophilia = patrician taste proved.
>>
>>8110673
No, yuo.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.