[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
book recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: wwii.jpg (165 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
wwii.jpg
165 KB, 512x512
Memorial day got me thinking about the second World War. Anyone got recommendations? Looking for histories and non-fiction critiques specifically. Primary sources and secondary literature are both welcome. Thanks /lit/
>>
>>8107749
also, reflection journals and good novels written by people who went to war are more than welcome
>>
>>8107749
Italo Calvino-into the war, is a sort of fictionalised memoir of Calvino's time in the fascist youth in Italy kind of like Catcher in the Rye.

Rommell the desert fox, and Hiroshima i really enjoyed both.

Diary of Anne Frank, surprisingly not memey at all. Really good.
>>
>>8107783
The Cannibal by John Hawkes

It's fiction but he was an ambulance driver during the war.
>>
second world war was pussy shit.. WW1 was the most kickass war ever 75million ppl died
>>
>>8107806
Okay so post some book titles. I don't care about what facts you picked up on the internet.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-08+at+09.18.04).jpg (32 KB, 396x441) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-08+at+09.18.04).jpg
32 KB, 396x441
>>8107806
you're a fucking retard
>>
>>8107826
While the God's Were asleep, the good soldier svejk, storm of steel, all quiet on the western front, journey to the end of the night are all top tier WW1 novels
>>
Clausiwitz (almost postive that isn't correct spelling) - On War
>>
>>8107749
I'm reading a psychological-typological interpretation of Hitler and the war. It's titled "The Track of the Wolf" by McRandle. And I'm reading a book on Alfred Rosenberg and race-religious ideas in the Third Reich. That's by Albert R. Chandler. Eventually I'll read books on Goebbels the propagandist. Also, I plan on reading a book called "The Holy Reich" by Steigmann-Gall.
>>
File: irving hitlers war.jpg (28 KB, 314x475) Image search: [Google]
irving hitlers war.jpg
28 KB, 314x475
>>
File: irving chruchills war.jpg (44 KB, 313x474) Image search: [Google]
irving chruchills war.jpg
44 KB, 313x474
>>
>>8107806
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>8108214
>David Irving
kek
>>
>>8108214
>>8108221
>>8108240

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97L_SJrPl6g
>>
>>8108240
Post some book recommendations. I bet that you've never read more than one history book about WWII. And that one might've been some school text. Why would you even post in the thread?
>>
>>8107749
The Prize by Daniel Yergin has the history of oil exploration and war for oil during the WWII era. I read this a couple months ago. Well written.
>>
File: hitlers-vienna.jpg (35 KB, 306x475) Image search: [Google]
hitlers-vienna.jpg
35 KB, 306x475
>>
>>8107749
The meaning of the Second World War Ernest mandel
>>
Richard J Evans trilogy
>>
>>8107749
Flyboys, bro. Super chilling descriptions of what war was like in Asia and the bravery of the navy pilots. My great grandfather is actually mentioned in it. Highly recommended.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.