[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good books on Buddhism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Dalai Lama.jpg (112 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Dalai Lama.jpg
112 KB, 960x540
Any good books on Buddhism?
>>
My first reading in Buddhism was How To Practice by the current Dalai Lama. Not a bad place to start.

I later read Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by Shunryu Suzuki. That's a neat one.

I also liked Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism by Chogyam Trungpa.
>>
Hardcore Zen by Brad Warner
>>
Zen Keys
>>
>>8107220
The Dalai Lama is such a laughable twat. Read his interview today in the FAZ. Why would anyone treat this joker as a spiritual leader?
>>
>>8110542
Because western white people are cucks who think that spiritual things are cool as long as they're not Christian (which, admittedly, is a cuckold religion). But they admire foreign people for exhibiting Christian values like pacifism, altruism, and martyrdom even while they pretend to be above the religion that defines the history of their home nations.

Fuck, the only way these retards can tolerate Islam is by pretending it's basically Christianity 2.0 despite abundant evidence to the contrary. They can't insist enough that it's really 'the religion of peace'.
>>
>>8107220
the dhammapada is good
aswell as master dogens shobogenzo
>>
>>8107220
Anything by Thich Nhat Hanh
>>
>>8110916
It is christianity 2.0. That's not a compliment btw.
>>
Buddha and his Dhamma, B.R. Ambedkar.

The best book on Buddhism (as a religion) I've read.
>>
>>8113023

You might have difficulty getting the print of it, but here you can read the whole book: http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00ambedkar/ambedkar_buddha/
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.