[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ was right! EVERYBODY GET IN HERE THIS IS HUGE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: Don-DeLillo-007.jpg (23 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Don-DeLillo-007.jpg
23 KB, 460x276
> Sources examining the classified 28 pages of The 9/11 Commission report reveal that writer Don Delillo has been allegedly implicated in the orchestration of the September 11th attacks. Confidential sources allege the writer is the main focus of the classified pages which many are calling for Washington to make public.

> The controversial American writer, known for post-modern novels dealing with terrorism and nihilism has been alleged to have links to groups such as Al-Qaeda and Al-Asma and had potentially laundered literary prize award money. Sources will not disclose Delillo's exact role in the attacks but will say he had been subject of a long-standing FBI investigation which may still be on-going. The novelist's publicist has declined to comment and the author cannot be reached via social media.

> While his novels have been staples of college courses on Post-Modernism and Critical Theory, they are no stranger to controversy. In 1988 George Will in The Washington Post decried Delillo a "bad citizen" and described his novel Libra as "literary vandalism." Characterized by cold and dense language, his novels are populated with characters obsessed with themes of conspiracy and political violence. Delillo writes in his novel White Noise, "All plots move deathward."

> Delillo has established a cult following, especially among internet users, and many are questioning his possible motives and pointing to references in his novels that allegedly predict the September 11th attacks.

> One literary forum poster writes: "Read his books. It's right there. Either bin Laden or Donald Rumsfeld was reading Delillo. And I don't know if that's a bad thing." Others paint a more disturbing image: "I can think of only one other writer has gone out and killed so many people just to increase book sales. And that man's name was Adolf Hitler."

link
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wp/2016/Don-Delillo-named-in-28-classified-911-Commission-Report-pages-sources-allege/?tid=pm_politics_pop_b
>>
broken link
>>
>>8106999
>This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?

>It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching, or one of the links below, can help.

real question though, are people on /pol/ so stupid they don't click on the source even if it's given? I know reddit encourages only to read the headlines and go straight to the comments, but is it /pol/ co-opting reddit or reddit co-opting /pol/?
>>
>>8106999
Hahahahahahhahahahhaha hilarious!
>>
>>8107006
link works for me
>>
>>8107013
This joke sucks. Nap it out lad
>>
>>8107006
>>8107017
looks like WaPo took the article down

I guess they received threats.

Trips don't lie though, do they?
>>8106999
>>
File: rarara.jpg (25 KB, 575x748) Image search: [Google]
rarara.jpg
25 KB, 575x748
>Wallace was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. His friend Johnathon Franzen, the American author who helped him get published by Little, Brown and co, described him as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Dave, I'm Jewish,' and he was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' he had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that he was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view he appears to have continued to maintain throughout his later years. According to Franzen, Dave once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people". During a book signing in Berlin, the crowd rioted after Dave read a passage from Hitlers book "Mein Kampf"
>>
>>8107009
>real question though, are people on /pol/ so stupid they don't click on the source even if it's given?

You mean, are people so stupid that they click on the provided link even though it is obviously very crude parody?
>>
>>8107027
>newfags will think this is real
>>
>>8106999
>>8107006
two minutes after it gets posted to 4chan it gets taken down...hmmm...

the mainstream media are shilling for the big d but why?

his last book was pure garbage yet garnered high praise

maybe theyre scared

somethings up
>>
>>8107027
I would believe a lot of this just because he was so autistic.
>>
File: vlad.jpg (148 KB, 809x1024) Image search: [Google]
vlad.jpg
148 KB, 809x1024
>>8107045
its a /lit/ humour thread so I'd only hope
>>
The dirt is this cat Delillo is some real sicko geek and part of this autistic linguistic cult from the middle-east that upholds human sacrifice.
>>
Ya got me tbqh
>>
>>8107027
>On 18 July 2008, while on vacation on the Mediterranean island of Ibiza with his son Ari, Wallace had a heart attack while riding a bicycle, and he hit his head as he fell. A passing taxi driver found him unconscious, and he had difficulty getting him admitted to local hospitals. He was misdiagnosed as suffering from heat exposure. Later that year he committed suicide. The autopsy revealed a severe pre-existing cerebral hemorrhage.
>>
>>8107009
wait a tick.

are people on /lit/ so dense that they don't know they're posting with /pol/ crossposters in every thread?
>>
File: AVT2_DeLillo_6942.jpg (18 KB, 268x264) Image search: [Google]
AVT2_DeLillo_6942.jpg
18 KB, 268x264
> implying he doesn't look like he a terroriss
>>
File: 1444089882246.png (145 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1444089882246.png
145 KB, 480x360
>Washington Post

Might as well post a link to a /pol/ thread.
>>
>>8107112
> The satire is too good!
>>
>>8106999
A big part of me wants this to be true for some reason.
>>
>>8107112
bls be sarcasm
>>
>>8107131
Would you trust the Washington Post after Operation Mockingbird?
>>
>>8107145
Because the Washington Post is known to write things like "One literary forum poster writes..." in major breaking news articles.
>>
>>8107155
> implying you don't read the news to find out what people are saying on Twitter
>>
>>8107027
lol
>>
File: images (20).jpg (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
images (20).jpg
7 KB, 183x275
>>8107068
That sounds familiar...
>>
>>8108697
> with ties to Al Asma
>>
ah shiet did I accidentally click on /x/ again?
>>
>>8107027
i want more of this pasta
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.