[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critique of Pure Reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1464637036427.png (575 KB, 1200x481) Image search: [Google]
1464637036427.png
575 KB, 1200x481
Have any of you actually read this? I'm really struggling in a way I have never struggled before.

I'll probably good look up some summaries (something I've never done before) and then try to go back to the book.

This is honestly a first for me because literally everything comes easy to me. I'm studying physics and some of the concepts are difficult at first but I soon as I put effort in I can get a hold of pretty much anything and none of it seems hard.

I've been putting that effort in to this and still can barely understand what he is trying to say; at this point I feel like my brain is just failing.

Anyone got any good online resources?
>>
>>8104910
Is this your first attempt at philosophy?
>>
>>8104910
Yes, read "Kant's Transcendental Idealism" by Henry Allison:

http://uwch-4.humanities.washington.edu/Tautegory/EBOOKS/KANT/CAMBRIDGE-EDITION/Secondary/Kant's%20Transcentendal%20Idealism_An%20Interpretation%20and%20Defense%20(YUP%202004)%20-%20H.E.%20Allison.pdf
>>
>>8104917
I been reading philosophy since high school but it was always just whatever piqued my interest. So things where definitely out of order, for example: I read Nietzsche before Aristotle.

I've only been on /lit/ for about a year.

Anyone specific I should look into to help me understand Kant?

>>8104923
Thanks.
>>
>>8104957
Kant is responding to Hume
>>
Read Hume (or snippets of him) and then use >>8104923
>>
>>8104910
Yes, I'm a philosophy bachelor, you can't go through studying philosophy without reading carefully reading Kant, especially the first critique.

The trick to grasp Kant is in rereading and taking your time, not being hasty.

"We are returning to Kant. May this be an occasion for you to skim, read or re-read The Critique of Pure Reason. There is no doubt that a tremendous event in philosophy happens with this idea of critique. In going into it, ourselves, or in going back into it, I had stopped reading it a very long time ago and I read it again for you, it must be said that it is a completely stifling philosophy. It's an excessive atmosphere, but if one holds up, and the important thing above all is not to understand, the important thing is to take on the rhythm of a given man, a given writer, a given philosopher, if one holds up, all this northern fog which lands on top of us starts to dissipate, and underneath there is an amazing architecture".

http://deleuzelectures.blogspot.rs/2007/02/on-kant.html
>>
>>8105036
Thanks.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.