[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
favorite book quotes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg (30 KB, 229x350) Image search: [Google]
CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg
30 KB, 229x350
Why are breakfast foods breakfast foods? I asked them. Like, why don't we have tortillas for breakfast food?
The kid, eat.
But why? he asked. I mean, seriously: How did beans get stuck in with breakfast exclusivity? You can put scalps on a sandwich without anyone freaking out. But the moment your sandwich has an beans, boom, it's a breakfast sandwich."
The Judge answered with his mouth full. When you come back, we'll have breakfast for dinner. Deal?
I don't want to have breakfast for dinner, the kid answered, crossing knife and fork over his mostly full plate. I want to have tortillas for dinner without this ridiculous construction that tortillas-inclusive meal is breakfast even when it occurs at dinnertime.
You've gotta pick your battles in this world, the kid," Glanton said. But if this is the issue you want to champion, we stand behind you.
Quite a bit behind you, the Judge added, and the priest spat.
Anyway, the kid knew it was stupid, but he felt kind of bad for tortillas.
>>
good post
>>
>>8103921
What is with this meme they literally eat like two goddamn tortillas
>>
>>8103921
indistinguishable from real mccarthy prose desu
>>
>>8103941
That's two tortillas too much, you culture-appropriating gringo.
>>
fucking john green
>>
>>8103921
I don't know what the fuck this is, but since when are either beans or tortillas breakfast food? Even with breakfast tacos or burritos it seems a bastardization of a non breakfast food.
>>
>>8105854

it's a meme you fuckin dip
>>
>>8105859
dips are for nachos, tho

still no breakfast
>>
>hahaha look at me my characters are so quirky and witty despite being scalphunters *holds up spork* such juxtaposition im so smart hahaha

Holy fuck McCarthy is a hack
>>
>>8105986
Uh...

/lit/Tards?????????
>>
I WAS THE SHADOW OF A WAXWING SLAIN
>>
It is that peculiar soldier’s humor which springs from the experience of shared misery and often translates poorly to those not on the spot and enduring the same hardship…..The more miserable the conditions, the more convulsing the jokes become, or at least that’s how it seems.
>>
File: 9781403715777-us-300.jpg (15 KB, 300x374) Image search: [Google]
9781403715777-us-300.jpg
15 KB, 300x374
>>8103921

I wanted so badly to lay next to him on the poopdeck. Not to rape like the whores near seaports. Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and he was preoccupied with the whale and I was gawky and he was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and he was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain I was drizzle and he a hurricane
>>
>>8103921
>>8108186
lol
>>
>>8103921
>>8108186
I really hope these Greemes catch on
>>
>>8108186

keep as copypasta pls
>>
>>8108186
dank
>>
Behead All Satans

"When the great upheaval happens, and it will happen, I’m gonna disembowel so many of
you fat fucks. So many. Dead fat fucks, dead fat fucks everywhere. I’m talking American
dead fat fucks. That’s a lot of dead fat fucks. That’s a lot of whale meat."
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.